Y&R: Actors Out?

• Members

This is horrible! DTC is reporting that Heather, Adam, and River are all out!

Adam - no way this is permanent. This character/actor is too good to go.

Heather - Her character has true potential. Many quibble with the actress, but I like her ALOT. Her romance with Adam was hot, twisted and full of potential.

River - All this build-up just to have him leave? No future with Gloria, no interaction with any of the other cast? I'll admit he's a snoozy chatacter, but Michael Gross is a VERY capable actor and I'm sure if given something to do he could do it.

ETA: Here's the post from DTC . Also the original post DID cite SOD but now says 'sources' - http://www.daytimeconfidential.com/2008/12...longer-restless

Three More Actors No Longer "Restless"

Submitted by Jillian Bowe on December 12, 2008 - 3:53pm.

It appears that the number one soap in daytime's not done with its chopping block. Sources are saying, Chris Egen (Adam), Vail Bloom (Heather) and Michael Gross (River/Lowell) are all on the way out.

No word on when they will be gone but we hear it will be soon.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Honestly, outside of Adam, I don't care about Heather or River. Y&R's cast is WAY too big, they needed some housecleaning in that respect.

However, this all really isn't confirmed officially as of now. We'll have to wait and see.

I'm particularly glad that we might not have to suffer through Vail Bloom's bland acting much longer.

And River should be glad that he's not being paired with Gloria. Does that woman love anyone more than herself? Also, with the recent revelation that River appears to be a con man, it's best he goes.

• Members

Chris Engen is WONDERFUL and if I was MAB or PR I'd backburn him and pay him his guarantee for a while, he's a real find. Excellent actor, the best newbie male Y&R has had in years.

Vail Bloom can't act. Heather COULD have been a great character, but Bloom can't act her way out of a paper bag.

Michael Gross, loved him on Family Ties, hated him on Y&R. What a stupid, stupid character. So long Lowell!

I don't think any of these losses are big. None of these characters have been carrying significant levels of story (Engen was, but it's clear he's been written into a corner that it will take some time to get out of)...what I love is that the Vets are NOT being thrown under the bus.

Mark H, with the way ratings are going according to your terrifying graphs (which I have no doubt are accurate, sadly), I don't know if having a viable next generation matters anymore. The Bells are going to leave CBS before 'the party's over'...they're NOT going to do a GL and rot on the vine. When the show can't be run as it is currently, it'll be pulled with dignity. Then the Bells will go forward with their future plans...

Archived