Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I think he wanted to help people, and he (along with many others in Washington) felt Carter was in way over his head. Your mother knows a lot more about him and his campaign than I do, so I trust her judgment over mine. I just remember the Roger Mudd interview he had which was such a mess. That made me feel it was something he knew he was supposed to do but couldn't quite do. 

• Members

I think he's going to be a very part-time President, other than settling grudges, attention-seeking, etc. Do we know if he's even going to live at the White House? My mother asked me and I have no idea. I know Melania won't be. I guess the one upside to this is that those who make such money and obsess so much over the whole celebrity and style side of it will have to find other shiny objects. I hope those who loved to shame Michelle Obama for not wearing the right outfits and not being the right "type" to wear their clothes will enjoy the next 4 years. 

• Members

The President attacking the arts over criticizing or mocking him is really un-presidential behavior. Every President in modern times has been parodied or criticized, but you none of them went on deranged rants about it. George W. Bush got more mocked and criticized than anyone, yet he never ranted about it. In dictatorships, the arts are often the target of political retribution.

• Members

It gets Trump attention. I'm sure he hates being criticized, but it's also a way to have people notice him, show how tough he is, and all that crap. We're hearing about his plans against NPR, PBS, etc. that were mostly muted about him during the election. We hear him rage at CNN, which was deferential to him many times. Yet I haven't heard of him taking any action against SNL beyond tweet tantrums. It's a mutually beneficial relationship. And Alec Baldwin getting his face out there more and more lately makes me think he sees it too.