The Politics Thread

• Members

The so-called Oracle/Rock Star of Wall Street? Ugh.

Did people read this Op-Ed from HRC on her plans to help America's Poor?  It's about time to address this issue. It's actually overdue. Some of these things, she's already said but it is good to hear more and in more concrete, specific terms.

Hillary Clinton: My Plan for Helping America’s Poor

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Why talk about that when the media can gush about Don King speaking for Trump and how this shows he's working hard to win black voters?

Another example of the brain dead types on the left - an RFK speechwriter who loves Trump because he's the anti-war candidate.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/09/rfk-trump-2016-democratic-party-speechwriter-214270

• Members

LMAO no. It's that LA TImes poll which has been proven to be faulty many times. I don't know why it keeps getting quoted or used. A polling expert at Princeton even took an indirect swipe at Nate Silver (not directly) saying anyone using that poll has questionable numbers because its based on an antiquated flawed approach.

Next you will tell me blacks now support Trump because of his all white townhall meeting on Fox yesterday

You can't talk to these people either. I was arguing with a Bernie supporter yesterday. Guess what a young white "progressive" male who kept insisting how he would be beating Trump by 30 points. I told him he was a fool that the same people who voted for Romney are voting for Trump and Bernie would not have anywhere near the support HRC does from minority voters. I asked him where Bernie's own black outreach was or Hispanic outreach and that the GOP would have gone after him accusing him of being a communist to smear him. These people are as looney at Trump voters and as white and elitist as well. I told him he can look in the mirror if Trump gets elected and civil liberties start getting curbed.

On a side note

This is sickening from a campaign manager in Youngstown for Trump. Apparently racism never existed before Obama

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/sep/22/trump-ohio-campaign-chair-no-racism-before-obama?utm_term=Autofeed&CMP=twt_b-gdnnews

Edited by JaneAusten

• Members

thanks for that update dear. I KNOW we're not that damn crazy.

I saw that about that woman saying racism didn't exist until Obama. Guess she missed her morning meds today. 

And yes...all die-hard Trump fans are batcrap crazy. all of them. nothing rational at all about a single one of them IMPO. 

• Members

As an Ohioan, it's become a sad ritual at election time to see which of my fellow Buckeyes will say something so insane and stupid that it makes the news. This week has been a chidren's treasury of Ohio stupid.

And that's part of the problem. They get to live in a world of "could've been." At best Bernie Sanders would be fighting for his life because he wouldn't attract a fraction of the black support the Clintons get. The GOP would've flooded the airwaves with the fact that he wanted someone to primary Obama in 2012, his tone deaf comments in Flint and Baltimore, the fact that he comes from a lily white state, etc... and a lot of those black voters would just sit home. 

I don't even engage with the Never Hillarys. These aren't protest votes, they're revenge votes and you can't reason people out of revenge. Also, they THIRST for attention. That's why they run all over the net telling us all how they're going to vote for Lady Nader. They love having the rest of us beg them to act like adults. 

Edited by marceline

• Members

Today in one of my classes, my students were researching Mexican Independence and reading about the monarchy in Spain and were talking about democracy and whatnot, and I heard Trump come up, and 2 of them (one white female, one Hispanic female) were talking about how scary and sad it will be if he wins. 

I agreed (even though I probably shouldn't say anything) and said "too bad you guys can't vote," and one was like, "Well, we can't vote, but we can tell adults what we feel and maybe change their minds." I was thinking, "Damn!!! Smart kids." This is a honors group who were using words like integrity and perseverance today, so not your typical 12 and 13 year olds, but still...