The Politics Thread

• Members

Given that a number of our media personnel had the horn for Putin not long ago, I doubt it. 

These people are in for a rude awakening if their boy is elected. He is going to take a rusty hacksaw to the Beltway. And it's exactly what those pieces of scum deserve.

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Most of the media is not in Trump's corner, they just don't like Hillary and are amoral/incompetent. She's leading in every poll and every sane projection has her winning handily or in a landslide. I don't believe even you believe the latter paragraph.

Chris Matthews puts on his good guy hat and rips Giuliani apart.

Edited by Vee

• Members

The issue with that if it wasn't going to be close for him, that doesn't explain why Hillary is still consistently ahead now.

Intelligence officials from in and out of Trump's recent briefing are not happy with his comments last night.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Obviously if she stays ahead then she will win. I was talking about if things change to that point. The media narrative is already spinning from he won't win to him being on the comeback. They know they can push it how they want to get the end result. 

• Members

Mark Halperin is very upset with the intense criticism of Trump this morning, and insists that only "the elites" care about Trump's ties to Putin and interview with RT. Sadly for him, it is now a front page story in most publications.

Meanwhile, the Post is running this and it's gone everywhere. As I said, the worm has officially turned.

Politico says Trump is flaming out in the swing states - even more than before, that is.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I saw that. I mean come on. Like any of these people understand the voting minds of Americans. And I doubt those college educated republican whites don't care about Trump's ties to Russia.

The one thing and I point this to Carl in particular, is while I am still very nervous, the thing that sort of settles me is remembering Hillary's analytical team. While the media tried to keep Romney and Obama close, his technology team, referred to as The Cave, knew where every single vote committed to him was coming from. That's why they weren't worried and when a county in Florida early in the evening went for Obama, the second head on the team(the real genius) told them Obama won by carrying that county and would win by 4 million votes. And this was long before all the results were in.

Hillary's team is even better. They have it down to county. township, street. And they know what or how messages need to be altered to influence voters in those areas. The campaigning and whos going where is being primarily driven by this team's recommendation. There is a reason Biden and Kaine are going to PA and not Hillary. And now they are sending Bill. There is a reason we see Hillary in NC and Nevada and Colorado now and maybe not in NH. So they have the messaging and who and what they need in those vulnerable areas to change things around, primarily how much ground game they need. And while people were up in arms over them pulling resources out of PA, it hasn't shifted or changed the polling that drastically.

• Members

Does anyone have any idea what is going on with Guiliani? Seriously I think this guy must have the onset of Dementia

I am sure most read about his segment on Chris Matthews yesterday and the birther crap. But they were also talking about increased military spending and Guiliani said they wanted to bring back Star Wars(you know the fictitious defense shield Reagan bluffed with. He insists it exists and he was told this by some official in the military and that the US left Poland and the Czech Republic vulnerable to Russia by removing it. Matthews kept trying to tell him it doesn't exist but the guy wouldn't listen.

Seriously we know Trump is unbalanced but is there one person in his entourage that is actually sane. Lord the last one who might have come close(and I can't believe I am saying this) is Paul Manafort.

• Members

Nope. Anyone tied to Trump either has a diagnosable personality disorder, is devoid of conscience or power hungry. His supporters can be excused somewhat because most of them are living a life where they thought being white and male would guarantee them certain privileges but now they are being treated like minorities and it's made them insane with rage. The black guy in the White House was once a concept so foreign Chris Rock was able to make a comedy about it. Now it's real and for a lot of these people it is the literal destruction of "their" country.

But the people who have decided to actively support him - the ones who should know better - are basically nihilists who want to watch the world burn like Assange or cynical power craving madmen who want to be the Dick Cheney to his George Bush.

• Members

@JaneAusten,  Giuliani has always been reprehensible, IMO. I remember once after he dumped his first wife Donna Hanover after cheating on her, one of his kids called him a jerk. 

Most people of color who lived in NYC felt somewhat unsafe with Giuliani as mayor. Chris Rock once joked that he felt as if he could be shot by police just taking out the garbage in front of his Brooklyn brownstone (before he moved to New Jersey) and with Giuliani as mayor, it would've been ruled as justifiable. Not too far from what a lot of us who lived in NYC at the time thought.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

Unfortunately he's a joke trying to swing our election. I have to admit that I once thought Wikileaks was a good thing but now I see Assange for what he is: an anarchist. The final straw for me was when he doxxed all those women in Turkey. If he were a journalist as he claims then he would have redacted people's personal information.