Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

This isn't all that well-produced (repetitive, too many talking heads, and stilted), but it has its moments. It's a look back at the Dean Scream, interviewing Howard Dean and a variety of campaign personnel. 

I never felt like the scream was why he lost - I felt like he was basically a fad and hybrid candidate (both ahead of and well behind his time), but I do think it's an example of the media at its worst and laziest. 

I'm surprised there was no mention of his supporters and their reportedly atrocious campaign in Iowa, which amounted to college kids who'd never even been to Iowa swarming around neighborhoods in orange hats. I guess they didn't want to be seen as kicking the people who helped him out. 

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-dean-scream-what-really-happened/

• Members

I agree. The media is just trying to drum up some drama. Maybe it was slightly more confrontational than their other debates, but it was nothing like the Republican debates. Sanders and Clinton are basically civil with each other which is refreshing. I feel like that he isn't hitting below the belt the way he could. Hell, he even ran that ad in Iowa kind of defending her against Trump's nastiness.

I figure HRC is bound to win and I don't look forward to how ugly the debates between her and the Republican nominee are going to be. I'm sure she can handle herself, but I dread it.

• Members

Media darling Marco fell apart, but he has so little competition I don't think it matters at this point. And The Beltway, not ones to let their fantasy husband down, are already spinning how meaningless it was:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/02/06/marco-rubio-had-a-rough-night-on-google-but-jeb-bushs-was-worse/