Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Of course...secretly they're thrilled about Donald Trump going there....cuz it opens the floodgates on everything else. 

Thoughts/predictions on who wins Iowa and NH? 

I think Hillary wins Iowa and squeaks out a very tiny but surprising victory in New Hampshire...at least I'm praying so. 

On the Republican side I see Ted Cruz winning Iowa followed by Trump. Then Trump winning NH followed by Ted Cruz or Marco

• Members

Its so funny a year ago I was utterly convinced Jeb Bush was gonna win this nomination...or someone from the so called "Establishment" side of the GOP. 

But now it's looking like Trump versus Cruz. Even if Christie, Bush, and Kasich drop out I'm not seeing how all their percentages get Rubio to a level that's comparable with the two of them....

The Republicans are so desperate to nominate the "True Conservative" this year and I think they're finally gonna get it! It will be interesting to see who prevails in the fall....

• Members

There was an Opinion editorial where a columnist stated that both Sanders and Trump use anger as an essential force in their campaign platforms.  The columnist stated though that Sanders used it as introduction and offered solutions that were often within the realm of possibility (like reviving Glass-Steagall to its original powers) while Trump usually offered only vague, often outlandish possibilities as his solutions.  So perhaps some disaffected (and not well read) voters might mistakenly equate the two because of their seemingly angry tones.

I read this story and for some reason, immediately thought of Cheap.  K-Pop to the rescue?

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwinmpfsu5rKAhUJax4KHZU5DjMQFgglMAM&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nytimes.com%2F2016%2F01%2F08%2Fworld%2Fasia%2Fsouth-korea-north-propaganda-broadcasts-bomb.html&usg=AFQjCNHvvrCSUKwu60nqaemcRoJDw3AFqw

• Members

I've seen a lot of that. I keep reminding those people that by voting for Trump they would be voting for someone who is the exact opposite of Sanders.

But these are shiny objects voters. They are the ones who don't show up during the midterms or for off year elections and then when someone like Trump, Sanders or Ron Paul breaks through their ignorance or apathy, they proceed to scream at those of us who actually pay attention.

• Members

I lilke Trump in some ways but in others not so much. I dislike Bernie.

I"ll admit the Quinnipiac polls that just came out have me worried for Secretary Clinton for the first time this cycle... I'm really truly praying she wins in Iowa at least. If she lost both the Media would never let her live it down. 

And YAY for Carly Fiorina being left in the dust where she belongs....

Edited by ThePrinceOfSunspear