The Politics Thread

• Members

Well that's where I disagree then, I guess - I never liked Edwards, always through he was shallow and slick.

On paper Rubio makes sense, and he will have a huge advantage - the media would sell their children for him to get elected - but he doesn't clinch it for me. The Scott Walker type makes me more afraid.

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

They've done this for years. I remember how hard they hyped her when she ran for the Senate in 2010, even though her positions were far right and she was in a blue state. They even gushed over her for a damn ad about demon sheep. They underestimated Barbara Boxer for her entire career. 

• Members

She's literally such a clown. I was so happy the other day when Donald Trump called out all her miserable failures.

It's literally astounding how much air time she's getting for accomplishing absolutely nothing significant other than being a woman who just happens to be running on the Republican side and as a woman is attacking Hillary Clinton because that's her only MO.

• Members

I had no idea until today what a nutcase he is on that topic. I had a pretty easy pregnancy and the idea of any 10 year old girl going through that still makes me want to cry. What a bunch of clueless bastards. Huckabee, Cruz and Rubio should be ashamed of themselves. Congrats on being crazier than Trump!

• Members

I don't understand why a man would be asked anything about abortion. It's my fervent belief that men's opinion on that issue is irrelevant and they should not be allowed to continue to pass legislation or try to encourage legislation to change the fact that is abortion is a choice made by the woman/girl who is carrying said child.

• Members

I don't understand why the GOP keeps focusing on abortion. When they get into office it's the first thing they start working on. It's just red meat for the base but in the end it doesn't pay any dividends. It doesn't attract new voters. It just results in wasted time, effort and money when these unconstitutional laws get overturned. Look at the Planned Parenthood thing. Even after all the talk of "selling babies for parts," PP still has a higher favorability rating than all of the presidential candidates, Congress, Obama and the NRA. There have been no arrests and PP has been found compliant with all regulations in many of the states that have launched investigations and donations have gone through the roof.

It's all just distraction for simple minds.

Edited by marceline

• Members

But that child is also a result of a man....I mean the child is also his. It may not be in his body but it's his flesh and blood growing inside that woman's body.

And frankly the thought of aborting a child so late in the pregnancy just utterly disgusts me. I'm absolutely pro-choice but every life is precious (especially new born life) and I think we as a country should think long and hard about the way we approach the issue and make sure there are plenty of alternatives so that abortion is very very very low and the absolute last option.

• Members

Very few in the political arena think long and hard about much of anything.  The fact that Trump is trending so high in the polls is a case in point.  A lot of pandering to constituencies, money and power grabs while making sure to try to keep large groups of people disenfranchised. 

I wish people wouldn't fall for it but huge amounts of people do.   The number of people I come into contact with in every day life in America, to discover that they haven't picked up a book or a newspaper in years is startling!  For many, it's listening to whoever screams the loudest among the din that gets the attention.  A sad commentary. 

I cannot say that I look forward to 2016 right now.