The Politics Thread

• Members

Eh. How is this damning to Hilary's campaign? Those laws were enacted over 20 years ago and in hindsight, do not work.

Sadly, it doesn't surprise me. They are probably some of the same people that called criticism of Bush during the Iraq "treasonous". History will judge them very harshly.

Hopefully.

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

It's not. I just pointed out that he was helping her. Mass incarceration is one of the issues that is brought up in media race discussions as a major problem in "the black community" and a part of Hilary Clinton possibly addressing it as campaign bone is Bill Clinton acknowledging his contribution to it. He probably did not need to since his role in it has long been swept under the rug.

I don't get those people who believe that Barack Obama's election is a sign of a post-racial society. Racial division is too lucrative to some politicians, community leaders, media outlets, and "race experts" for them to promote racial harmony in this nation.

Yesterday's breaking news:

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/29/politics/dennis-hastert-indictment-questions/index.html

• Members

Hastert is done. I doubt any prosecutor would go after a House speaker unless they were sure they could get a conviction. The rumored allegations are sordid and ugly and the type that just the accusation is enough to wreck your name. It's amazing with this in his background he even accepted the office in the first place and the the higher profile you are the farther there is to fall. Why even go into public life with this hanging over you?

Edited by quartermainefan

• Members

I know that a lot of people think of Biden as a joke or a clown but given how much he's lost, I consider it amazing to see how he still finds joy in life. A lot of other people would've become bitter and nihilistic.

Edited by marceline

• Members

Dude I used to work with asked me today "So, you married yet??". I told him no, but we'd send him an invitation. Then he proceeded to tell me that he wouldn't come because it's not part of his "beliefs" but wanted me to be happy. wacko.png

So I asked if he shopped at Publix. He said yes. I asked him, but they sell liquor and smokes there, isn't that against your beliefs? Or is being around people who smoke and drink OK, but not gay people?

Silence.

Sometimes I just GRRRRRR jeal0002.gif

• Members

About Walker...I could never vote for the Jebs,Rubios,Christies,even the Cruz's and Pauls of the world because they don't share certain political viewpoints as me. However, I can see a voter with a different point of view giving in to their "charms". Walker is another matter. He almost seems like a parody of a Republican politician with those crazy "deer in the headlights" eyes. Anyone who seriously thinks that the biggest foreign policy move of his lifetime is Reaqgan firing the air traffic controllers...geeez.

• Members

Why would someone ask you that question only to show his ass like that?! Oy these people.

I have a friend who has been with his partner for 20 years. I think he's almost afraid of when marriage equality becomes legal here because he knows ten seconds after it happens I'll be at their front door with a stack of wedding magazines and a calendar.