Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Here in the great state of Florida, Tallahassee is owned by Republicans. It's so sad that they are still unable to pass their agenda, including:

Guns in schools and on college campuses, allowing adoption agencies the right to turn away gay couples, limiting which bathrooms transgenders can use. blink.png

If there's good news in all of this, it's that the Senate is getting more moderate due to the lack of a Democratic voice.

It's a pretty good read, not too long:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/fl-senate-conservative-bills-dead-20150423-story.html

• Members

A great example of why I'm baffled at the media who insist the case is an automatic win for gay marriage supporters.

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2015-04-28/roberts-kennedy-question-gay-marriage-as-top-court-clash-starts

Maybe they are setting LGBT people up for a fall, since the media loves to push anti-gay stories and they'd love to get to write stories about "the heartland" and "overreach" and "backlash against pushing too far."

• Members

I'm definitely expecting a split decision....this could be a huge disappointment for gay and lesbians across the nation. But even if they rule in favor there's various ways they could split the baby from what I've read on Politico and other sites.

Judging by the questioning from Roberts and Kennedy I don't think anyone can really claim to know how it's going to go...

• Members

The media is always out to catch the Clintons in something. This will be of no consequence to them, just like the previous 500 scandals the media tried to sell. All you have to do is see how the NYT got into bed with that Clinton bashing book author to see they want a story and don't care where they get it. Clinton scandals sell I guess, and the democratic party as zero story or drama. They have to come up with something or they have nothing to cover.