Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I don't think the people who push for these things actually think that far. They just want to be able to refuse to serve those that offend them and their narrow-minded way of thinking. That anyone could want to refuse to serve them on the same grounds is an idea that hasn't crossed their tiny little minds.

• Members

All they care about is they get a legal right to hate. They know if it doesn't happen they will be seen as persecuted martyrs. If it does happen, they have free reign to spread poison. As we see here, the media is already selling the "backlash of the backlash" narrative.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/04/religious-freedom-laws-conservatives-reaction-116611.html?hp=rc1_4

And all the GOP Presidential zombies are falling into line, other than Jeb Bush, who continues to be all over the place and continues to have zero chance of winning anything but a Bush family horseshoe throwing contest.

I have to laugh at the prize hatemongers lashing out at companies like Wal Mart. Good luck getting the "heartland" to abandon that place.

• Members

It opens up a Pandora's box, Julia. It's genuinely scary. You're absolutely right, there's a big question mark on how far it goes.

There's no way these people abandon Walmart. I'm always amazed at how many jacked up beater cars there are in the parking lot with bumper stickers supporting republicans.

At this point, I can't help but wonder why the right doesn't see this as discrimination. There's no question, IMO, that any thoughtful person would come to this conclusion. I believe that they are holding on to appear "strong" or "resolute". The right eats that [!@#$%^&*] up like a big ass ham on Easter sunday. Obviously, there are very impressionable minds that are witnessing this train wreck of a policy. It has to be stated, clearly and unequivocally that ones religion does give one the right to discriminate and hate those that don't fit neatly in your little religious box.

This is, for me, profoundly sad. Profoundly. I have a brother that supports this law over my right for equality. Why? Allegiance to a political party? Blind faith in a book? Both? It's truly heartbreaking and hopeless.

<Nadias theme> no more drama </Nadia's theme>. I probably went a lil overboard there. Sorry yall.

• Members

It's about standing up to the evil gay liberal agenda. The far right doesn't care about sick people. They think those people deserve to die anyway.

I see a lot of speaking tours in their future.

At least they seem less repulsive than the Palins.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

This is so gross, but they buried the real issue, which is that poor people are being forced to take their money out on $25 increments and pay a fee each time, after the first. Some of these politicians are just mean spirited, not to mention wasting tax payer resources in an attempt to punish the poor.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/04/kansas-welfare_n_7001116.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

• Members

I call bs on these "mistakes". Don't get me wrong, I think they're both horrible. But Rand is playing to the lowest of the Republican base with these, and they will likely get a chuckle out of it, IMO.

It's the theory that any press is good press. They meant to do that [&#33;@#&#036;%^&amp;*].

• Members

That's what I've been saying to all my disappointed liberal friends. The only thing that matters to me is who will name the next SCOTUS justices. SCOTUS has been one of the biggest factors in so much of what's gone wrong with our government (Citizens United, Hobby Lobby, picking apart Obamacare, etc...) that there can't be any real improvement until the composition of the court changes. I truly don't care about anything else.