Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The problem the repubs have with Trump,Walker, and the rest of the clown car is they ONLY pander to their base. They do absolutely nothing to attempt to get the vote of the independent voter, which is the true key to winning the presidency. This was true of the last election when Obama was,frankly speaking, vulnerable because of the bad economy.An independent voter who is latino will probably not vote for Trump, the same with someone who gets a pension will not vote with Walker.

• Members

Good gawd. That is desperate.

I think the Republicans have a problem (to put it mildly) not only with The Donald, but his unbelievable poll numbers. In what world does someone say the things he's said and he his poll numbers rise? What does that say about their base? What kind of people would support someone like that?

It is great to watch the trainwreck that is the Republican primaries.

• Members

The NYT has done some good journalism but that has mainly to do with their longform and series stories (Ebola, China's Rural to Urban movement, NYC's toxic nail salons and halfway houses) which most don't bother to read. Many of their shorter articles (1-3 pages) can often get the details wrong in their quest to court clicks.

I think in an effort to appear as though they are not being soft on Hilllary, they've gone too far and I'd be pissed if I were the Hillary campaign. The only reason why they've come forward is because people (other journalists/pundits) came forward and pointed it out on several Sunday news shows, which forced the editorial staff at NY Times to print what amounts to a de facto retraction.

If Clinton's camp is smart, they will use this to their advantage.

• Members

Yeah, that was pretty bad to read.  Yesterday a lot of Indian and Pakistani Americans were posting how embarrassed they are to have Jindal as part of the South Asian American/Desi community. 

Jindal just doesn't seem to know what he's doing.  He's managed the state's budget very poorly and because he wasted money from the state's coffers by squandering it on needless corporate tax breaks, so now he has to rob Peter to pay Paul to try to fill an enormous budget deficit that LA now has.  Everything about the way he's been going about things is wrong.

• Members

Rubio looked very confident tonight....Presidential.

Trump almost imploded tonight but I think he barely avoided a complete disaster and that's only cuz he had such funny one liners and quips. He even destroyed Megan Kelly which was hilarious.

Its clear Megan Kelly and the moderators were under instructions from Roger Ailes to take him out.

Jeb Bush was such a try hard....just awkward and stumbling at points. Like he had rehearsed so hard and yet was still fumbling. 

John Kasich and Marco Rubio are the biggest threats to Hillary Rodham Clinton. I hope her campaign is preparing for those two just in case....