The Politics Thread

• Members

Yes, on many fronts. For the first year or two of his presidency I was in such denial I kept telling myself "We can fix it. We can undo this once he's out". Bullshit. Children have been traumatized, it can't be undone. The environmental destruction his policies are enabling, can't be undone. The additional deaths his incompetence will cause cannot be undone. At best we'll be able to pick up these pieces and go on.

I'm not even worried about Corona for myself, I'm worried about the people who are more demographically at risk.  What a time to have a huckster in charge.

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The blood of every man, woman and child who dies of this virus will be on this administration's hands.

Even Donald Trump wouldn't be able to resist what JFP could do for his administration!

Edited by Khan

• Members

Warren had a quick and fun cameo on SNL tonight (in another sketch), so of course the discourse is flowing. AOC was smart enough to make a positive comment only for the bros to try to chastise her. Pathetic. 

I should point out she said nothing about Bernie on the show, nothing about his supporters. Yet you have endless shaming, and people going on about how they're trying to stop their families from being deported and Warren is on SNL instead of campaigning for Bernie in Michigan. Bernie already WON Michigan in 2016. He has endless money and ground game. If you have to beg for Warren's help when, terrific as she is, there is not even any evidence she can help him in a primary or in Michigan, then you have to ask yourself just how strong Bernie's support is, don't you?

Bernie's supporters use him for so many of their grudges and they simply drive people away, day after day, month after month, year after year. And they just don't seem to be able to stop themselves.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

AOC, unlike some of her contemporaries, has begun wising up quickly. I don't agree with everything she does or says but she's built some bridges. I knew if that happened they'd start to come for her, like I knew they would Warren before her. It will continue.

Sanders' voter ceiling and essential weakness has been exposed like never before this cycle. It would be sad, re: our common goals, if so many of his worst supporters didn't deserve it.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Some of those replies were really something - I think my favorite was jeering that she was "angling for a book deal," even though she's a successful author already. 

I saw Joel Kim Booster in there fighting with people as well.

Bernie just breeds toxicity. 

On the plus side, the lighting will be very dark and we won't have to see Trump or his flunkies.

• Members

very true, but....would he still glow orange? and his dialogue...."Nikki, you know i am the greatest lover you've ever had..." "Victor, look it's my company ok? Now...look...wait...look....now, I am the greatest business man you have ever met, and all of yours and Jack's children are mine...I fathered them all...because I'm the greatest father of all time..."