Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I have grown up and gone to school with both Indian and Pakistani acquaintances and a few are friends.  This conflict has been simmering since Partition in '47, particularly as it relates to Kashmir with the elaborate military parades, bordering on spectacle on the border. 

Even in the U.S., that conflict has spilled over in bizarre ways. I remember a few of the Independence parades that happened in NYC and one, in particular where a conflict in scheduling damn near led to a collision on the parade route between some Indian parade-goers with some Pakistani parade-goers.

People are so focused on Iran and to some extent, North Korea and their nuclear arsenal while ignoring the fact that India and Pakistan hold nuclear weapons with very little effort to get either country to scale down their nuclear arsenal.

Also, Trump, in his scattershot "policy" (if you can call it a policy) toward India and Pakistan(which Trump/W.H. treats with borderline contempt) has made the conflict even worse, imo.

In other news,

Michael Cohen's opening statement is like "Whoa!"

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

My feelings on AOC are still very very mixed, but she's fùcked up a lot less lately than some other people (hi Ilhan Omar) and this was a very smart use of her time today vs. what I feared she might do, i.e. stunt for online retweets:

LMAO: 

• Members

I am, but then I'm scared of whatever Trump does...

Speaking of Mark Meadows:

https://www.mediaite.com/online/watch-outraged-non-racist-mark-meadows-once-told-crowd-were-going-to-send-obama-home-to-kenya/

You hear all the time about "thoughtful conservatives," but their current face is about as vile as you can get, between this pig and the other media darling, "Gym" Jordan.

• Members

Meanwhile, in my home state of Oklahoma...

https://www.koco.com/article/oklahoma-senate-to-vote-on-constitutional-carry-bill/26556161

I never thought I'd see the day when I would be afraid to leave my house.  Because, no matter how you slice it, this bill now gives idiot Okies the license to kill.

(For the love of God, will someone please get me out of here?)

Edited by Khan