Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Yeah, I can't muster any sympathy either. 

The one thought that I keep having is that agribusiness is likely to snap up those plots of land like customers at a fire sale so that they can have even more crops to spray with toxic pesticides before they send them the produce to market.

Also, I find it very interesting that Russia's agricultural industry is benefiting at the exact same time that the U.S. is in trouble.  The causation factor is definitely a part of this.

The emphasis has been on the mining industry and the agricultural sector with nary a thought about how retail is bleeding out, along with the hundreds of thousands of jobs with it.

• Members

I have admired your post for afar for a very long time.  I am literally a part of the resistance.  My Twitter account is dedicated to fighting white nationalist.  

Of course it is all tied together.  Before November of 2016, I actually felt skeptical about conspiracy theories.  For the most part, I still do.  However, anyone that has a minute amount of intelligence can detect the massive orchestration devised by shady figures to deliver the keys of power to a racist nationalist.  It's as clear and simple as one can possibly perceive it.  

Of course, his administration will target rural framers that voted in droves for his bigoted ass.  They were stupid enough to fall for it to begin with, so they will be dumb enough to take the fall.  It's the circle of life, and if they are ignorant enough to stand by that orange bag of feces, who are we to stop them. Let them go broke! 

• Members

Whew, I'm so glad to know I ain't the only one, lol.

Over the past couple years, Mama Khan has become a full-on Trump supporter and Hillary and Obama hater, mostly because she is gullible (sorry, Mom, but I gotta call it as I see it) and believes everything she sees on Fox News and YT videos.  She even has suggested that Trump has been anointed by God to be president.  And in that time, her entire IRA account, which she had inherited from my father (and which I was to be 100% the beneficiary of upon HER death), has been wiped out due to poor management on our adviser's part and several energy companies going bankrupt; her older son, and my brother (another Trump supporter), has experienced both a misdemeanor charge for domestic battery and a divorce, both of which Mama Khan had to pay through the proverbial nose for; mineral rights we had inherited from my maternal grandparents and had to sell for emergency cash left her with an exorbitant tax bill; a plan to refinance our house and pay off credit card debt has resulted only in exacerbating her financial problems (a higher monthly mortgage payment, reopening most or all of the credit cards that had been paid off, a [!@#$%^&*]-tastic credit score which makes borrowing more money impossible, etc.); and now, after twenty-six years of taking Glipizide and Metformin to control her Type-II Diabetes, our family physician has had to put her on daily insulin injections because the pills alone can no longer regulate her glucose levels.

Coincidence?

Edited by Khan

• Members

No.  I am from the south, Khan.  I see [!@#$%^&*] like this every day of my life.  My parents were Evangelical ministers, and they think Trump is "anointed" as well.  What can we do?  I continue to speak truth to them, but their bigotry and need for moral control over other individuals knows no bounds.  It really is about control, and that is what truly sickens me as a bisexual man. 

They can believe what they desire to right now, but I know that history is not on their side.  I comfort myself with that realization. 

• Members

@DaysFanatic777 It's nice to make your acquaintance.  Thank you for the very kind words.  I'm surprised at the amount and pace that I post here but the discussions with other posters are so engaging that I find myself posting, a LOT (lol).  Other than the occasional troll, I really enjoy the level of discussion on so many topics on this board.

@Khan Man, you are dealing with a lot.  Your mom is your mom so, it's not like dealing with a distant relative, so it must be a challenge. I guess in that situation you've got to love your mom "through it" and hope that maybe some day there'll be an awakening in her political consciousness, and your brother's as well.

My mom is pretty religious but she often prays for Donald Trump...to go away (lol)!  She absolutely cannot stand the man!  For me, I try not to talk to her about him too much for fear that he'll raise her blood pressure.

The headlines have become so outrageous that it sometimes feels like it's becoming hard to discern what news stories are genuine and which are satire!  Some of those articles I don't bother to post, like one today that was supposedly tweeted by the Southern Poverty Law Center.  I swear that must've been a spoofed twitter page because I couldn't believe what I saw.

• Members

Same here.  Whenever my mom mentions Trump, or the GOP, I sit quietly and wait for an opportunity to change the subject, or else MY blood pressure will shoot to the roof, lol.

The "facts" she quotes are almost always biased, and they're almost always wrong, too.  But how do you argue with someone -- especially when that someone is your mother, and they're convinced they're right?  I've tried citing actual sources, but she just dismisses it as (you guessed it) "fake news" and accuses me of being as arrogant and ignorant as my right-wing, pro-life, anti-vaxxer ex-sis in law.  And when I've told her why she shouldn't trust YT and FNC to be accurate, her response is, "Why would they make up stuff when they have the proof RIGHT THERE?".  I tell you, you just can't win.

Edited by Khan

• Members

One cannot accept a story on face value anymore.  I am completely convinced that some outlets release information to divide the resistance so it can be conquered.  Those standing up for humanity and decency are the worst nightmare of those longing to plunge us back into the early 20th century.  Let there be no doubt;  the goal of the alt-right movement is to undo nearly 100 years of progress.  They cannot be allowed to triumph over decency.  We are the watchman on the walls.  

I protested the [!@#$%^&*] (and I will be censored) out of the illegal Iraq war W foisted upon us.  I was at Occupy Wall Street.  It's not much, and I am no activist, but I have given my time to causes that I see as just.  

Right now, the biggest threat to our very character as a nation resides within the White House, and among those lurking in the halls of congress that have chosen to back an imbecilic bigot.  If there is a god, may he have mercy on their wretched souls.  Raised in an Evangelical home, I know what their problem is......

They don't care about children in cages. 

It doesn't bother them if a person dies from inadequate healthcare. 

They are not concerned with a single mother making minimum wage, while her family starves as a result. 

Their only obsessions are their own bank accounts, and the gender an individual chooses to screw.  It's all about money and control; those sick pieces of garbage!!!