The Politics Thread

• Members

I don't know how accurate it is but when they discussed Tillerson's dismissal on radio here in Sweden someone said that 43% of the staff in Trump's administration has left/been replaced during these first 13 months of his time in office.  If it's true it's an astonishing number.

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

It's true. they have either been fired or quit. with many turning on him. he insists on destroying himself. could it be that he really is working for the Dems and is destroying the RP from within, or does that sound like something Dena Higley would write?

• Members

Sounds about right. 

https://www.vox.com/world/2018/3/13/16029526/rex-tillerson-fired-state-department

Under Tillerson’s watch, 60 percent of State’s top-ranking career diplomats resigned and new applications to join the foreign service fell by half, according to a November count by the American Foreign Service Association.

This country is out of control.

• Members

This was a diplomat (who oddly couldn't even get a meeting with the Trump administration on her own).  I think she was venting and will be made to face the consequences of her haphazard actions (remember when the U.S. used to do this?)

At least it wasn't the PM wasting time on social media.  A head of state who wastes time venting on social media...now that would be worrying.

• Members

I'm sure she was, I just think it's a road to nowhere. There is nothing more toxic and soul-destroying than wading into these primary fights. I agree with her about Democrats and about the delusions of many Warren and Sanders supporters, but it isn't worth focusing on, especially when she will now always have her political card marked by some of those crazies so if she ever wants to get involved in US politics again they will give her a hard time.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Honestly, I think she was venting. I doubt she'll spend much time focusing  on it, especially since she is being reprimanded (and rightly so).  

New Zealand's system of checks and balances seems to be, at least functioning somewhat properly. 

It's alarming.  Even more alarming that this has been occurring with amazing consistency for over a decade now.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

I Must ask, DD.......have you EVER seen this in this state?! this is HORRIBLE. it's like some horrible $200 million picture Michael Bay directed. I honestly don't think we'll be here in 8 years. this is how alarmed I am....and who is going to stand up to Putin? anyone who speaks out against, no matter where they are in Europe is found DEAD.