Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

This is fascinating and frightening all at the same time. A fantastic piece of journalism by the way. Putting aside all the other consequences of this, it explains a great deal about positioning with Qatar who feels like the well intentioned (relatively speaking) dupe in this entire process.

• Members

@JaneAusten Yeah, I have to give NYT credit for this one. Over $360 million dollars in the hands of terrorists and hundreds of civilians killed with thousands displaced.

He told me that Hezbollah’s siege of Madaya had turned the town into a virtual concentration camp. “First people ate through their reserves of dry food,” he told me. “Then they began eating leaves and grass.” Ali Saeed held his cellphone up to the camera to show me photos of his children, one of whom fell on his head while running from a sniper and died soon afterward.

• Members

Another reason to avoid "liberal" MSNBC - one of their people, Kasie Hunt, spent yesterday pushing a baiting question to Conor Lamb (and making him seem petulant and childish for not wanting to talk about Trump and Rex Tillerson on Election Day).

She was also playing word games with Tom Perez's statements on the DNC's funding for this race, even when she was called out.

You can always tell when a Democrat does well because many in the media, both liberal and conservative, get very unhappy, and in some cases, go out of their way to remind us of how terribad it all is.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/why-democrats-should-worry-about-conor-lambs-victory-w517866

They must think Democrats are going to do well in November as they're already setting up the pro-GOP narrative, many months in advance. They're going to be giddy if/when the public lets the GOP coast through yet again.

• Members

The problem is they are wrong about so much and I actually think people are paying less and less attention to them. I know ratings are up in places like MSNBC but I don’t think people really pay attention. The arrogance shown by Hunt, who I admit I’ve not ever really cared for is typical of Beltway folks.

Yesterday i heard also how Lamb is a moderate and warning sign for democrats primarying incumbents. They used the 4th congressional district in Illinois of how a TOO progressive democrat is primarying a blue dog. And how bad it is. Shows people know zero about the district because Lipinski is a big example of old machine big money politics and is out of touch with a good portion of his district. And she’s not ultra liberal. She’s more progressive yes but she’s also a businesswoman and is pro union, pro labor, is for increasing the min wage, supports shoring up Ocare. The only “radical” position is that she’s pro choice. I guess to Beltway hacks that’s now radical. Talk about out of touch.

• Members

Trump will never suffer the consequences of his willful ignorance since he was elected for it.  He brags about his lack of preparedness and his disdain for actual facts and a significant number of Americans approve of this.

Just the way that they do not care that he is racist, xenophobic, misogynistic and disdainful of the disabled.  His base considers this and his prolific history of lying to be a definite asset.

• Members

I wonder how many of them there really are? I see polls saying it's about 20%, which is horrifying.  Yet I suspect at least 5% are lying and the real number is 25%. I guess we'll never really know.  I just hope the blue wave is real, so at least we can staunch the damage staring in January. 

• Members

Lord. 

fatalities reported in bridge collapses in Florida. bridge was put up several days ago. 

but let's not fix our infrastructure.....because rich people need tax breaks. praying for all those affected by this tragedy. 

• Members

I can't say I'm surprised to hear about longtime State Department officials being targeted, or that the ever-loathsome Newt was involved, but it still makes my blood run cold.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/state-department-white-house-targeting-career-staff-dem-letter

Speaking of cold-blooded, Trump is still pushing Duterte's plans about killing drug dealers. Anyone with any sense would realize the door this opens, but no one with any sense runs our government.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/03/15/exclusive-trump-finalizing-opioid-plan-death-penalty-418488