The Politics Thread

• Members

As someone who has worked in education off and on for years, what an embarrassment. I worked in Chicago Public Schools, and I can attest to the fact that Arnie Duncan, former head of CPS, was disliked a lot, primarily due to his role in closing over 50 public schools in mainly minority areas of the city and being a big proponent of charter schools. He was Obama's first Sec of Education. But at least he could talk policy, he worked in education his entire life, his mom was a teacher. This woman has no clue. And the experimentation she was allowed to undertake in Michigan should make any legislator ashamed of ever voting for her.

This is one thing I resent Susan Collins for the most. Yes she ultimately voted NO on Devos, but she voted YES to move her nomination out of committee, when a NO then would have killed her nomination for good. 

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Yes, I read some of that thread (I didn't have enough time to read the entire thing) and didn't know what to do with it because I was looking for additional sources to corroborate those tweets. 

Abramson seems to know his stuff but I've also seen people challenging his tweets and calling some of them presumptive.

Also, I didn't want to get my hopes up until I see some actual jail time being pronounced on some of these perps.

Like you @Juliajms I really hope this leads to something significant against this current administration.  There seems to be so much politically treasonous detritus that has yet to stick.

• Members

^ Yeah, I'm not getting my hopes up too much either.  Partially because even if Abramson is right, how long is the case going to take? We could well be near the end of Trump's term by the time they get him.  I'll still be thrilled to see him and his do time if that day comes, but he's already done so much damage that can't be undone.

• Members

I had a feeling last night that Tillerson coming out and speaking on the nerve agent attack - which Trump and Sarah Sanders both refused to acknowledge when pressed yesterday - would be the tipping point.

Trump is in way too deep with Russia, and it can't just be him. It's a lot of the GOP.

• Members

This country is off the rails. I'm worried about what happens if (when) Mueller comes back with an indictment against Trump. How sure are we that he will comply or that there is anyone who can/will make him? I also wonder how many people out there will believe the charges are fake?