Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Unfortunately I see a lot of general people who think it will be a big year for Democrats, which ends up giving me 2016 flashbacks. That's why I thought the article was interesting.

That's understandable - I was just confused as I didn't think anyone from Florida would know any details about him you couldn't get from a pundit.

• Members

Don't sell people short.  There are people from different countries that know a great deal about American politics.  If someone from another country can be knowledgeable, why not someone from another state?

And some pundits turn out to be no more knowledgeable than the well-read person you talk to in the subway station.

The political punditry has its place but I wouldn't take it as the end all, be all.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

If this were a board full of seasoned political activists - I assumed most people were more like myself who don't have those ties. I know a few here do but didn't think they were ever involved in Beto O'Rourke's races. If I misjudged anyone here they have my apologies. 

• Members

Speaking of getting sued, former attorney general Eric H. Holder and the National Democratic Redistricting Committee are suing Wisconsin governor Scott Walker for the state's lack of initiative to hold special elections in order to fill empty positions withing the state's legislature.

Eric Holder and the NDRC Are Suing Scott Walker

• Members

A quick review of that guy's Twitter feed shows me that he's a far-leftie/Berner who tries to fly below the radar. They live to bash the Democratic Party.

The email from the DCCC said not to politicize the shooting on the day after. Not that they should never talk about gun control. 

• Members

The guy came out in support of keeping confederate monuments and was kissing Dana Loesch's ass(the NRA spokesperson - a vile human being) and he's a progressive? I am no Dan Lipinski fan(blue dog from Chicago district) but at least he has an F rating with the NRA. I expect a Paul Ryan type quote of how we should not be penalizing legal gun owners, none of whom actually have a problem with universal background checks and tighter restrictions on waiting periods and assault weapons. I won't ever forget that Sanders quote comparing good gun owners in rural Vermont to the baddies in Chicago. I know exactly what that dog whistle means.

• Members

This really is sad.  Just a few months ago we were collecting winter clothes for the kids and now I wonder if the program here in Omaha will survive. 

Then I looked it up and see it's not looking great.

http://www.omaha.com/news/nebraska/nebraska-s-recent-refugee-resettlement-numbers-are-as-bad-as/article_993db1c2-bf2f-11e7-b0b2-97f5c2fb55db.html