The Politics Thread

• Members

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/the-hard-part-is-about-to-begin-us-south-korean-relations-fray-as-olympics-open/2018/02/08/aef45ff0-0b53-11e8-8b0d-891602206fb7_story.html?utm_term=.d8157b4e40f5

Yet the small indignities continued to pile up, even as Pence arrived in Seoul. As the vice president disembarked Air Force Two, his aides told reporters that he would be greeted by Ahn Ho-young, who they described as the South Korean ambassador to Washington.

Only hours later, after Pence arrived at his hotel for the evening, did his office issue a correction. The man who greeted the vice president was Cho Yoon-je, who had replaced Ahn in November.

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I can’t find it but maybe it’s finally reached a tipping point for white working class women. I can’t find the Times article, but yesterday it was about how much support Trump has lost with white working class women in states like Ohio, Wisconsin, Michigan the entire rust belt. Some of its been building since the healthcare debacle, and that so many women feel he let them down. 

I also think these abuse incidents might be the next big tipping point. 2 years ago before the flood gates opened and metoo took hold, Trump might have been able to skate on having domestic abusers on staff. Yesterday was the first time I actually heard the normal female pundits who tend to excuse anything they do, question why it’s all about the perpetrator and where is the talk about the women who were abused. 

I also want to remind all those doubting thomases who still love to prop the GOP (the media can’t help themselves) who love to scream how Dems are failing who actually won those elections in Virginia and Alabama, elections we were all told were going to the GOP. Women in Virginia and BLACK WOMEN in Alabama.

The patrairchy has been failing for how many years. Institutions engrained in it, churches of all faiths included, have been coddling all bastions of indecency in the interest of maintaining it.

Edited by JaneAusten