The Politics Thread

• Members

It's funny you mention Blue Apron as when I watch Ben Shapiro's podcast sometimes he is shilling for them. That's probably where Trump got the idea from (from the far right hucksters).

I can't remember if you already mentioned this, but it shows the danger and absurdity of such corner-cutting. And the complete callousness toward human life.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/02/with-no-employees-or-experience-atlanta-woman-got-usd156-million-fema-contract-to-provide-30-million-relief-meals-to-puerto-rico.html

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

@dragonflies The idea that the government should be able to control what you eat because you are on assistance is infuriating to me.  The Republicans are such hypocrites.  They say they are against government interference in our lives, but the exception is always poor people's bodily autonomy.  I also don't believe this comes from a place of concern about nutrition.  They just want to punish the poor and make their lives as austere as possible. F*ck everyone of these heartless, greedy people.

@DramatistDreamer Netanyahu has to go, but I'm afraid to see what comes next.

• Members

If they are allowed to get away with deciding what SNAP recipients will eat, then I would NOT be surprised if the foods they choose are LOADED in fats, sugars, cholesterols and everything else that guarantees poor health and short life spans.  The Repubs are Just. That. Evil.

Edited by Khan

• Members

In case your childhood hasn't been ruined enough, you randomly see this from the Hercules of the 90s:

And before you say who cares, many people love(d) him and have fond memories of the show. Also, what an IDIOTIC tweet.

But do ready the replies/comments. They hand him his ass!

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

None of this is especially new for Sorbo, from what I remember. 

I wouldn't say "who cares," but I do think that more people should just start ignoring these hard right celebrities, because responding to them just feeds their martyrdrom and puts more money in their pockets. It's one of the things that has gotten Antonio Sabato Jr many talk show appearances and helped fund his run for Congress, which is a way to extend his 15 minutes as even he likely knows he has no chance of winning.