• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

It's done on PA.

The story of the night is we overperformed and too many media took GOP flood polls at face value. We are likely keeping the Senate, we may or may not have the majority in the House but will likely keep a razor-thin margin either way (which McCarthy cannot control). Which is what I expected a while ago. No red wave.

• Members

Both of these make the truth plain, which is why we as a party have to get bolder.

This is a good night that too many in media insisted would be awful, but some of us had a feeling it wouldn't quite go down that way. This is pretty close to my initial projections for awhile now which I wavered a little on as we got closer, trying to be pragmatic - but excepting the possibility that a few things might go sideways overnight, it is actually shaping up to potentially be even better.

Maybe now journalist bros will stop insisting abortion doesn't matter. It very clearly does, and not just in PA. If not for Dobbs it might have been a very different night.

Vance notably did not thank Trump in his acceptance speech:

McCarthy is already giving a premature victory speech. We'll see what happens, but this has been a pretty good night whatever goes down with the House.

Edited by Vee