Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I'm actually agreeing with you on this.  This situation looks extremely messy, at least from my vantage point.  When I think of the "good" i.e. effective propaganda from days of yore, it delivered a very simple, self- assured message that left no doubt or room for people to question (at least not publicly).  This didn't in this instance.  It was all very chaotic, messy and indecisive.  Bad propaganda, AFAIC.

Most countries' leadership (the ones that are a full-functioning democracy and even a few that aren't) now regard Trump as someone who is off his meds.  Denmark basically told him to shove it.

Even N. Korea basically is giving Trump the nuclear test version of "talk to the hand" as they've conducted an unprecedented 6th missile launch test since late July.  

• Members

Bibi is a messy and thuggish figure so I'm not surprised he didn't go that route. 

Today they offered Congresswoman Tlaib the opportunity to visit her grandmother, which she declined (and I can understand why she did), so that ends up making them look magnanimous, even though they have no right to be seen that way. So the optics tilt their way, as usual. 

• Members

I actually don't think that a whole lot of people are buying that.  And in terms of optics, I'm going to say that Netanyahu still comes out looking worse looks worse. When Haaretz puts humanitarian gesture (i.e. 'humanitarian gesture') in quotes, you know that nobody is fooled. 

• Members

Netanyahu does have an indictment hovering over him, which is more than ever happened to him previously. I'm seeing more people within the Jewish community publicly chastise him publicly on this latest issue and others just seem very exasperated with the notion of him doing Trump's bidding. Only time will tell how far any of that goes. 

• Members

There is a fee that has to be if the celebrity is chosen, but there is a nomination and selection process by the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce. Anyone nominated has to be in the entertainment field and Trump managed to get one from being on television. Reality stars have been told outright that they do not qualify for the walk, but Trump managed to get one probably because he was a producer for the Apprentice and that could qualify as a form of creativity. He likely knew people on the nominating committee (which is supposed to be kept super secret to prevent lobbying).

• Members

I don't bother with MTP but a lot of people on social media seem to be suggesting that Larry Kudlow is inebriated (or high?) during his interview.  Not sure whether they mean it literally (as opposed to meaning that his ideas are outrageous) and I just don't care enough to watch in order to find out.