The Politics Thread

• Members

Pence would have gotten booted out of Indiana as Governor had he run again. The prior governor there was a GOP governor Mitch Daniels was popular but Daniels left all the social issues alone. A friend of mine who is also republican liked Daniels because of his pro business stance, lower taxes, and he did draw business to the state. Pence did none of that in fact cost Indiana business due to his idiocy with that stupid religious freedom bill nonsense. My friend hated Clinton but chose her over Trump because partially due to Pence.  But he did vote for the GOP governor who ran who had Daniel's support. And speaking as someone from Illinois, I have family living in the Indianapolis area and I can tell folks that driving to Indy through many of the rural communities from Chicago to Indy, there were a ton of dump Pence signs last spring.

Edited by JaneAusten

• Replies 42k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Aside from Mattis and Tillerson playing tug of war with Trump over hiring their staff, this Gingrich purge idea has to be gold.  The way to fix the leaks is to get rid of all the people who know what they're doing and replace them with loyal people who don't know what they're doing. It kind of makes Gingrich seem like a saboteur.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/03/trump-obama-appointees-advisers-purge-235629

• Members

With all due respect Carl--and you know I love you--I just don't see why you keep going back to this narrative. At all. 

I know some of it may have started out as her being upset with how he insulted her old boss Jeb Bush, but she's certainly kept at it longer than she could have.

Amanda Carpenter too, for that matter, although I think she's slowly reversing herself a bit. 

Yep. Republicans there HATE him. He no doubt would have lost to John Gregg for Governor of Indiana had Trump not chosen him as his running mate. Escaping his ever shrinking poll numbers there was about the greatest thing to ever happen to him...even if it was at the expense of our country as a whole. 

• Members

I go back to it because I have seen too many people in the press embarrass themselves over Republican daddy issues. If you think I'm wrong, you're welcome to it. I will never stop expecting the worst of GOP enabling by the press, especially when it comes to middle-aged white men.

• Members

So according to the WSJ.com, Sessions used campaign funds to pay expenses for the Cleveland trip, in which he met the Russian envoy, which I'm pretty sure never came up during the course of vetting or Senate confirmation hearing for AG.

These people are just the worst!

EDIT. Ha @Vee Jinx, you owe me a Coke!

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by DramatistDreamer