Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

He was a sore loser imo and only half-hearted campaigned for her. Sick and tired of this rigging stuff. He actually said the system was rigged, I thought, and his supporters believed him with the DNC leaks. There is no way you rig anything in late April, early May. You would do that sooner. Also if IIRC, the results from the primary had a larger percentage of minorities than whites voting for her. If you were going to rig something, wouldn't you have fixed it so that more whites voted for her?

I read he never ever conceded after he endorsed her in July. And what he built... his coalition or whatever, he couldn't control them. I know there some Hillary supporters who never got on board with Obama and pushed the birther stuff, but that was a minority. She did a much better job of rallying her troops. 

• Members

I don't think that he meant the votes were rigged. I think he was talking about the way the party chooses it's nominees.  The democrats did have a strangely empty field, but I also don't think that matters now. It would be better if Bernie stepped back for a bit and let people process this outcome.

As for he white working class I have no idea if they can ever be won back without alienating other core voters and that is a huge problem in the short term.

• Members

If Bernie was a lifelong democrat I might have more sympathy for him but he hopped into the party so that he had the recognition to run a campaign and don't think running in a primary against Clinton didn't get him attention. And I can even agree with him on a few things like the debates of which there were few of and were stuck on Saturday evenings. And I do comment him for being able to generate excitement. His persona which never really appealed to me, I think endeared him to a lot of people.

BUT there was no rigging. She won by over 4 million votes. And he never really had her back. I believe he's actually gleeful about the results but if he thinks ALL democrats are going to buy his position and who he wants he has another thing coming. I agree with him to an extent about misunderstanding perhaps ignoring a voting base that's been important to democrats for years, but there are also other demographic groups that have other concerns as well. And less nots forget he's not in the democratic party

• Members

Bernie still refuses to accept that he was rejected. There were concrete reasons a lot of us didn't vote for him but he's too much of an egomaniac to accept that. I've been in a Facebook debate with one of his disciples who keeps telling me that he's the future of the party and I finally said, "Fine. Then the party's all yours. I'm going to take Dave Chappelle's advice and take a knee like Kaepernick and let you white people figure this out amongst yourselves because frankly I've been too betrayed by many of you to work with you anyway." My energy is going to surviving these next four years.

• Members

Don't give up.  I don't believe anyone knows what the future of the party is right now and I disagree that it can be something more to the left economically in the short term. If you can try to find pity for the people who are poor and voted for Trump. It's a big ask I know, but having lived around them as a child I can tell you that they are brainwashed as children and completely ignorant. I won't say it isn't their fault, but it's very hard to break out of that. Trump is going to bring a world of hurt on these people and maybe that's what it takes to wake up.

Of course by then they environment might be passed the point of recovery and the whole human race will be f*cked anyway. That's one more unfair thing about this. "We" could very easily destroy the world and 95% never got a vote.

• Members

http://observer.com/2016/11/email-reveals-clinton-camp-spied-on-sanders-delegates-before-convention/

Again more of Hilary cheating and rigging the campaign. Bernie got royally screwee by the lying wench but what else is new. Bernie was a 100 percent correct she failed to get working middle class. they saw her as more of the same no changes at all. thats why Trump won and her ego and eliticism. i am tired of this wench blaming the FBI director for her using an illegial email server. I was not a fan of Trump because of his crazy views this woman though would have been a disaster. bernie is a gracious awesome person. barbara walters even said one of the nicest people she has ever met. 

• Members

Yes.   I am a little surprised Trump would want this guy frankly.   He spent the first half of the year attacking the Iraq War and the lies that got the US into it, and here he is picking one of the chief liars about that war.    Bolton has this knack for being wrong about a lot of things a lot of the time.

Go back and look closely at the Iowa caucus results.   I'd bet a hundred bucks he won that and then they magically found votes for her, questionable coin flips and whatever else it took to proclaim her the winner by a vote.

• Members

Isn't the Observer the paper that Trump's son-in-law owns? This paper has been known to publish less than honest articles.

It's easier for them to throw this out there than the actual fact that the "rigging" that happened was when Republicans made sure to limit access to polling stations and flat out purged voter roles. 

I think I'm about to put you on ignore @JONNYSBRO I thought I had escaped you in other threads, now you're trolling this one. It's been a very sad day for me with this news of a death and honestly, my spirit cannot deal with you today.  My only advice, is choose a higher caliber of news media.