Y&R: Week of November 17, 2008

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Y&R has the money to pay for Tricia Cast. The question is, do they want her?

THEY SHOULD. I have been thrilled to see her, she hasn't aged a day (losing weight helps), the contrast between her age and DG was not that much at all...Oh and while they're at it. Marla Adams as Dina Abbott Mergeron please!

• Members

I can't wait to see Lauren interacting with people other than her family. I love Lauren with Michael, but she is connected to so many characters on the show and it is a shame they only have her on to be Michael's sounding board and support. I hope they let Lauren bring out her claws a bit.

• Members

QUOTE (Chris B @ Nov 18 2008, 05:06 AM)
IMO Dina and Nina both need to stay full time. To pay you can cut Karen, Devon (or give him a real story), Colleen (or recast), JT, Jana, Kevin and even wrap up Jeffrey and Gloria's story. Then you have Michael Grazaidei who will leave when his contract is up. That should be enough money for those two plus Victoria Rowell.

:o

As much as I want Nina and Dina back, they're not worth obliterating the entire younger cast!

And don't even get me started on that lunatic Victoria Rowell.

• Members

QUOTE (Chris B @ Nov 17 2008, 02:06 PM)
IMO Dina and Nina both need to stay full time. To pay you can cut Karen, Devon (or give him a real story), Colleen (or recast), JT, Jana, Kevin and even wrap up Jeffrey and Gloria's story. Then you have Michael Grazaidei who will leave when his contract is up. That should be enough money for those two plus Victoria Rowell.

Amen!

• Members

I LOVED how Ashley and Victor looked during the funeral...Ashley was sort of Nancy Reagan-esque, so dignified and yet you just know she'd curb stomp anyone who gets in her way. There is this air of grandeur with Eileen, I LOVE it.

Devon and Ana did a wonderful "Amazing Grace"...Kate Linder and Melody Thomas Scott were great with their roses...Jess Walton and Julianna McCarthy just shined. It was magnificent!

If I was MAB, it'd be Friday and Monday's shows that I'd submit for Best Writing...they really were sensational.

• Members

Great point. I'm so glad nobody succumbed to the sanctification of Ashley (a bit of which did happen over at B&B). She was always a woman with a strong agenda.

Just remember when Ash was introduced to the show. She and Jackie were at each other's throats. They have had DARK times, those two. It will be great to see Bergman and Davidson play that...because they have never really had that chance.

I can't judge "Emmy" stuff, but I agree with everything else you write. Everyone's scenes today were TOTALLY in character.

• Members

Lauren hints at having claws and the look on the recipients face is priceless. This show has also been heavily acknowledging their history which is exhilarating to watch. If only they would have a few moments where Lauren could flash back to her teenage years.

Archived