Y&R: Week of November 17, 2008

• Members

Julianna McCarthy is hands down of the greatest actresses to hit daytime. Wildly underappreciated. I would love to see her get "Regular Recurring" status, her chemistry with Jess Walton and Billy Miller is off the charts fantastic. Marla Adams would also be a welcome addition, she could easily fill the John Abbott role (except instead of being a wonderful loving father, she'd be a snobby bitch of a mother, love it!)

Yay! Nina is at the will reading! I really would like Tricia Cast to stay permanently, she's great!

The script for Monday's episode has gone through so many hands (per the credits) that it HAD to be as fabulous as it was. What an awesome episode.

Oh and I LOVE Hysterical Nikki, her performance in that one particular scene is excellent. Jess Walton is playing Regretful Jill superbly.

And I know I sound like a broken record and I'm the only one saying it...but Kate Linder has been wonderful! She deserves a round of applause. So natural, so deeply sad. Pitch perfect.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I knew the background music played during the eulogies was familiar! I was just looking at the 1990 Y&R Christmas episode and it was played just before Nikki brings a little Nicholas to visit Victor as a surprise. That piece of music hasn't been played for a while, and it's existed for like two decades, good to hear it used!

• Members

When Ryan was having an affair with Tricia, Jill tried to help Nina get him back to reunite her grandsons family. She told Nina she had let herself go and got her a gym membership! :P I never saw Nina's exit, so I'm not sure where the relationship was at the end, but I'd be willing to bet they were just civil for the sake of Phillip. I always thought the three (including Katherine) were cute together. Nina took everything in stride and was a lot happier dealing with them than most would be. It's also a story that allowed Jill and Kay to bond pre-Mother/Daughter retcon.

IMO Dina and Nina both need to stay full time. To pay you can cut Karen, Devon (or give him a real story), Colleen (or recast), JT, Jana, Kevin and even wrap up Jeffrey and Gloria's story. Then you have Michael Grazaidei who will leave when his contract is up. That should be enough money for those two plus Victoria Rowell.

• Members

QUOTE (Chris B @ Nov 17 2008, 03:06 PM)
IMO Dina and Nina both need to stay full time. To pay you can cut Karen, Devon (or give him a real story), Colleen (or recast), JT, Jana, Kevin and even wrap up Jeffrey and Gloria's story. Then you have Michael Grazaidei who will leave when his contract is up. That should be enough money for those two plus Victoria Rowell.

LOL. But we can't bring these old characters back!!! They're all over 39! (just kidding)

Archived