Y&R: Week of November 17, 2008

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Monday's episode is the greatest episode of Y&R I've seen in a long time. It's flawless.

I even liked Devon! And usually I f--king hate him! Jess Walton, Kate Linder, Melody Thomas Scott and Julianna McCarthy all knocked it out of the damn park. I am LOVING bitchy Ashley. She and Eric Braeden look just divine together.

Julianna McCarthy should stay on in regular recurring. She's superb.

I bet Kay left part of the company to Nikki as well. A Nikki vs Jill war would be awesome. MTS and JW have awesome hateful chemistry.

• Members

Ashley reminds me of Alex Donnelly's Diane with her smug attitude right now. She is totally rivaling her mother for biggest b-tch though. I loved Nina's response as to why she's not sitting with the other Chancellors LOL. Nina is a keeper! After Monday's US show, they're all gone aren't they. I think I'm going to cry lol, because this is STILL SO SURREAL. I never thought I would see Nina, Dina, or even Liz again on screen!

• Members

I'm still skeptical about this regime.

When a soap kills a veteran character, and writes its funeral, it always provides great episodes. That always happens.

But what is going to happen after this? We know Katherine is alive. Is she going to loose her memory? I'm asking because, although these episodes have been great, I don't have my hopes up over the follow-up being as interesting.

The Paris stuff was embarrassing too. B&B's location shoots were way better (see Tawny chasing Becky on a Tower in Venice if you want to see what these occasions should be about). The storylines, the settings they chose (pretty bland, IMO), they were pretty much a B-. Victor wandering in the streets mourning his young love of his life? PUH-LEEZE. Victor, you're 93 years old. Mourn as much as you want, but please, don't act like a baby who was denied his toy. I thought it was all quite stupid.

And then there's the rest: Victor's journal, Chloe who lies to Cane about her pregnancy while she loves Billy (?!), Lily chatting with Billy just like Billy used to do with MacKenzie, Esther not playing a part in Chloe's scheme (it would have been great if Kay and Jill were totally against Chloe, and calling her on her schemes while Esther blindly defended her). There are many things that really don't get me excited - they get me worried.

• Members

I hope she does leave something to Nikki as well, since with Victor coming back to the Ranch she'll be homeless again. Unless they have finally built her a set for the house she bought for David, maybe using some of the features from the Paris sets. Does anyone remember if Jill and Kay each owning 50% of the Chancellor mansion is still in effect? I hope she leaves Esther something as well.

Shouldn't Nina be staying for the reading of the will? I don't see Kay cutting out little Phillip, unless, like Chloe, she forgot who he is.

I think Kay might be missing for a year or more. Maybe she will have complete and total dementia and never remember who she is.

Did anyone else find DG/Cane to be even more noticeably weak as an actor when he was speaking at the funeral, after all the great performances?

• Members

I think it's evident that Nikki's going to get something good in Kay's will and that Jill is going to get screwed. It's going to be awesome. And yes the 50/50 ownership of the Chancellor mansion is still in effect...welcome home Nikki?

I think Kay will be missing till February sweeps. Rest assured, whatever this 'dementia' storyline is it'll be resolved somehow and Katherine will blow back into Genoa City like a hurricane.

Yeah, I didn't think DG was all that convincing, Billy Miller's performance was superior and he's shared maybe 10 episodes with Jeanne Cooper? I think of the all the eulogizers Kate Linder was the best, in fact, I think Kate Linder has been quite the star this whole week. I believed Esther's sadness, it was palpable. While Nikki was hysterical and Jill was in shock...Esther was truly sad.

• Members

The Paris stuff was awful, and much like Clear Spirngs, I dont see it has having any significance in future storylines.

It is clear to me (being an online viewer) that this wa mainly done for promtional puposes for the anniversary in France, but since it was planned months and months in advance, their is no excuse for why their was basically no story. I wouldve love to see TGVN/Nick scenes, or Phyllis/Ashley scenes in Paris. And though I undersatnd the point of Shick interacting like they were back in the day, thats how they always interact. Woulda been nice to see a more mature or evolved Sharon/Nick interaction, instead we got basically the same thing from them that we get in GC, cheating included.

Not even the sudden last minute addition of MS saved the story IMHO

• Members

Clear Springs was supposed to be the climax of several storylines, and it was a freaking bomb. Paris was supposed to be the set-up of storylines that would continue towards the end of the year into 2009.

You really don't see how Phyllis hiding the fact that she saw Nick and Sharon kiss has future significance in storylines? Something is going to blow up in that quad obviously, and they used Paris to speed it up (while they promoted in France).

Also, you don't see what Victor and Ashley's reunion will do to both Nikki and Jack?

Paris obviously wasn't for Nick and Phyllis fans though. I hate that couple, so Nick and Sharon's kiss didn't effect me.

Archived