• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

LOL!!

"Poor Ted," indeed, lol.  But, you know, I think he gets a bad rap as being this show-killing personality when, in fact, most of the shows he's been a regular on were on their last legs when he joined.  He might not be the greatest actor, or even the most handsome, but I'd hardly think it's fair to say he's SOOOOOOOOOO bad that he literally kills shows, lol.

• Members

OT, but...if anyone's a "show-killer," it's Paula Marshall.  As far as I know, only one series that she's been a regular on ("Gary Unmarried") lasted beyond a single season.  I still remember when TV Without Pity's writers would refer to her as "Back! Show Killer!"

• Members

Haha no it’s not his fault; someone at ABC must have liked him and wanted to keep Ted around to push him into the Love Boat and Dynasty after Happy Days ended. I think afterwards McGinley’s career did even out with success at Married With Children and Hope & Faith, while occasionally having roles on a couple DOA sitcoms on CBS (Work With Me, Charlie Lawrence) and McGinley did come around to poke fun at himself for the notoriety. 

He’s not the only one of course; one of many examples is Rena Sofer, who had the show killer label as well in the late 90’s and early 00’s. 

Yeesh, what a bad time slot. The mid 80’s seem to be when Saturday night TV viewership really took a hit. 

• Members

Pretty much this - someone at ABC probably liked him enough on Happy Days to push to add him to existing shows. So it wasn't really his fault or even his characters that were bad (Clay was boring, but so were many Dynasty men). And yeah, Jefferson clearly gave a lot of life to MWC after Steve left.

• Members

Binge watching it (saw the whole first season since saturday) i admit That while she served Her original purpose fine Katherine Ross as Frankie was really the Lady Ashley of this, A rather competent actress giving such a wooden uninspired performance, it's ok in the beginning but urgh it only gets worse through the season, i initially symphatized with her but she soon was over, no wonder Stephanie as Sable was the most Memorable part of this show, also Stanwyck was right to leave the show Connie's Storylines were rather boring and uninspired i Loved Her Rivalry with Sable and her "Momma Bear" moments but the rest was plain silly, couldn't buy her romance with the cowboy

• Members

No LOL but i see your point (Ava Gardner or Jane Seymour?) I meant Lady Ashley Mitchell from Dynasty played by an Uninspired Ali MacGraw

oh good, because i can't afford buying the series and havin it shipped across the atlantic right now

• Members

Neither. They can't cast that book right (I assume you read it, right) or write it correctly. Hemingway was similar to Bill Bell in that sexuality played a critical role. They'd need to cast someone who was an absolutely KNOCKOUT like Brenda Epperson circa 1988 or Nina Arvesen from around that time as well.