Y&R: November Spoilers

• Members

and for the 11 years that others and myself were forced to have to watch the toxic SHICK marriage, SHICK fans should have to watch PHICK...don't blame Nick and Phyllis for shitty writing....ever since the new writers came on board they have not known how to write for PHICK...hopefully with what we have seen recently that will be changing...change is good!!! at least it has been since December 2005!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think overall that's definitely true. The general public and viewers that have watched for many years are ready for the reunion.

And Mark I agree, I was so unhappy they sorased Noah but once Kevin started I absolutely adored him! I hate the will be leaving again. I just hope the casting folks are as fortunate in casting his replacement as they were him.

• Members

And this I agree cause the moment they get back together I am done with the show because I will never understand why Nick has to go back to Sharon. He was a boy with Sharon and turned into a man with Phyllis which alot of off liners I talk to agree with. They say he is extremely hot now and it wont shine again if goes back to Sharon.

I will say this the moment Nick goes back to Sharon, Nick wont look hot to me anymore and will deserve any of the crap Sharon will throw his way even once again she kisses Victor. I think will want Phyllis with someone interesting and hot and that cant be Jack for me.

• Members

Sounds like about half of them are ready for a reunion. The other half of us could do without it. I just heard there is, in fact, a lot more story for Nick and Phyllis before a real Shick reunion is even considered. I, for one, am glad. I will sit though this "bone" being thrown to Sharon and Nick fans because it will make a better story for other characters on the show. I would expect that Josh, Michelle, Sharon and Jack will have some fantastic scenes in the future.

For the record, I have watched this show for the better part of it's 35 year run. I don't appreciate the idea that I am new to the show and don't really know what I like and don't like. With all due respect, I'm a long time fan and Shick sucks.

On to another topic. I love Jack so very much. Even when he is being bad to the bone. His antics will come to bite him in the butt and I don't care. The Victor/Jack fued is one of the longest running and best written stories on this show. I have no doubt Jack is going to win this round, but what will he lose in the process? ;)

• Members

That is too bad because it really seems like Nick and Sharon will be doing something in Paris. Couples are not meant to be happy all the time and to simply go through little problems here and there. Something big has to happen to them in order for them to be tested and overcome the problem. The writers have to bring Sharon into this because she is always a fear for Phyllis and can cause big problems for her and Nick. It seems like Sharon and Nick walk down a memory lane or two. Since photos have Sharon crying at a carousel, Cassie will no doubt be brought into the mix. I see a man who deeply loves his wife but will probably be drawn into the past when he and Sharon hit Paris. But the story here is Nick and Phyllis, have no doubt.

• Members

Nick and Phyllis are the most poorly developed, boring, and badly written "couple" on Y&R over the past 3 years. They worked as an affair, but not as a long term couple IMO. Phyllis used to be one of the most complicated and layered character, until they paired her with Nick and she became a little Mary Sue for the better part of 3 years to fit in with Nick. Phyllis doesn't fit in with the Newmans at all, she needs to leave that orbit.

Shick, as much as I'm not a big fan of theirs, has the history. Bill Bell poured his final years on the show into that couple, he clearly wanted them to be his future "mainstay" couple on the show. They might be "boring" but they have a complicated and rich history, something Phyllis and Nick don't have. If you want to blame anyone for ruining Nick and Phyllis, blame Lynn Marie Latham, who didn't care to develop them and used them very poorly for two years.

Nick and Phyllis do nothing for me, and I get the feeling most people want them together not because they like the couple, but because they're so Anti-Shick.

What have Nick and Phyllis done, besides the affair, that excites people? I'd like to know, I've seen no chemistry with those two characters in years and they have nothing for me to root for.

I'm sorry, I'd rather sit through a Shick reunion then watch two mismatched characters like Nick and Phyllis sit there and bitch and wine.

• Members

We will just have to agree to disagree on the chemistry level of the couple. Obviously, there are many fans that see something special in their coupling. I agree that they are not for everyone but they are a force to many and I expect they will be around for a while. I do agree that LML did not do them justice in terms of story. Even as a fan, I was always hoping for something meaty. The amnesia storyline could have been really great but then Nick fell in love with her all over again in the time span of a week. Phyllis agreed with everything he did and they were less than stellar. I am looking forward to seeing what the new team does with them. Already I am encouraged that they are writing cracks and problems into the relationship while giving Phyllis some of her balls back. There should be some really good fallout from the Paris storyline. I'm hoping for something really soapy. I'm not ready to give up on them yet. I would like to see what HS and MB can really do with them. Rumors are they have a hot story for the new year.

I am not sure that any of us can say what Bill Bell wanted for Sharon and Nick as he stepped down in 1998 and the couple had only been together about three years. They were fine as a teen love story but needed to be broken up years ago in order to really give them a go as adults. They need time away from each other. Nikki and Victor were apart for 10 years before they got back together. I am hoping that Sharon and Nick follow suit and live separate lives for a while before getting back together. I'd like to see what a Bell can do with Nick and Phyllis for a while.

• Members

your right ....the worst thing they EVER did was pair Nick up with Sharon!!!! Thanks for agreeing with me!!!

As for Nick cheating with Sharon, what does that prove really??? does it prove that he loves Sharon or that Nick is a cheater and Sharon would be a FOOL for spreading her legs AGAIN for a man that is not her husband....can't the writers come up with something new for this character?!?!?!!? And IF Nick does cheat I want Phyllis to kick his ass to the curb and let him go back to Sharon...it won't last long and he will come groveling back ....

when do Nick and Sharon get a taste of their own medicine???...serial cheating to me is not something to hold up as an example for a good marriage, something the SHICK marriage never was, it started with a lie and ended with swapping spit with a family member!

I was never a JM fan until they paired him with MS during the hunt for Daniel, then during the trial and the 6 months before the PHICK affair started (while Sharon was all in Brad's space) I saw JM actually smile and his eyes light up when acting with MS. If they pair him back with SC, then JM goes back to wallpaper for me...dull and boring and un-sexy!

• Members

I think Sharon became way more interesting during the period where she found out Nick was cheating and through their divorce. Maybe LML didn't do a lot right, but I thought she made Sharon way more interesting. Now I have a feeling she's going to be going back to a boring character that's not worth a whole lot of consideration, same as she was during most of her marriage to Nick (except during the Cameron story).

• Members

and I would rather watch Nick and Phyllis deal with issues, work through them and become stronger then watch the reguritation of the Nick and Sharon who cheats first go round!!! JM finally gets paired with someone he can actual work with and gets noticed by a large legion of fans only to be re-paired back with someone that made it look like they were brother and sister committing incest....

Archived