Dark Shadows

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Thank you for this! I’m going to buy it mostly to hear about the failed reboot and dreadful Burton film. 

I still have hopes the new reboot gets picked up. I was really impressed by the Bloody-Disgusting interview with the writer. I hope their wish of finding a streaming home comes true. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members
Paul Vincent appeared on both Dark Shadows and The Edge of Night.

A heart-warming and compelling story!

(The Magazine Plus Editorial):- Bologna, Italy Mar 21, 2022 (Issuewire.com) – Actor-writer Vincent Romeo has released his latest book titled ‘My Villa in Calabria’, which chronicles his journey through his father’s hometown in Italy and leads him to shocking revelations about his father. A heart-warming and gripping narrative with a dash of sense of humour keeps the readers engaged till the very end.
“What seemed to be a fairly simple journey returning his father’s remains for burial to his hometown in the south of Italy spent enjoying all the wonderful art and architecture of Italy took a very different turn as the author began unraveling the mystery of his father,” said Vincent.
The book unfolds the story of Tony Romeo, a daytime series actor living in New York City who travels to Italy to honour his mother’s unusual request. The story depicts a strenuous relationship between him and his father, which took a pleasant change after his trip to Italy.
Published by Proisle Publishing Service in July 2021, the author has received a lot of admiration for this emotionally charged novel from readers worldwide. The book will next be seen at the Bologna Children’s Book Fair in March 2022.
“Bologna is one of the world’s biggest and most prestigious publishing events, and I’m honoured to showcase my book at the fair. This fair holds a special place as it takes place in Italy.” Vincent added.
A message that Vincent wants to drive home with this book is ‘travel to achieve an inner change.’ Available on Amazon and Barnes&Noble, the book is gaining popularity among readers.

About the Author
Vincent Romeo, aka Paul Vincent, is an actor and writer who has appeared in five Broadway productions, many off-Broadway productions, many regional theatre productions. He was “Ashley Reynolds” in The Edge of Night, “Dr. Karl Maynard” in How To Survive Marriage, and “Tony Bisbee” in All My Children. Two of his plays have been produced: The Fig Tree and Duse Died in Pittsburgh. He performs in an autobiographical evening of song and gossipy show business stories on YouTube: Paul Vincent in “An Actor’s Life for Me.”
A graduate of the Carnegie-Mellon Drama Department, Vincent was born in Cleveland, Ohio and now resides in New York City.
277219437_5062542037126414_2779901477737

277296686_5062556513791633_4211469793898

Comment

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Members

My memory was refreshed this afternoon when I read that Joe Caldwell (one of the writers of Dark Shadows and, later, Strange Paradise) wrote for The Secret Storm in 1972.     I was thinking that he must have been writing with the late Gabrielle Upton/GillianHoughton, but what I read listed Robert Cenedella as the headwriter of The Secret Storm at the time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Depends on how much tolerance you have for 1960's produced soap operas - I personally like pre-Barnabas Dark Shadows and wasn't put off by the slightly slower introduction. But if you're more of a monster fan... start with the Barnabas episodes.

Maybe try watching the first two weeks of episodes and if it doesn't bite you, skip to Barnabas.

Edited by te.

• Members

The majority of fans would probably agree that the period starting with Barnabas' introduction is the show's zenith, but I personally loved the inital months before he showed up. If you skip them, there are story points that you'll miss. Just be prepared: the show is very slow and talky at first, the scenes are long, and only a handful of characters appear in each episode (all of which I found nostalgic and relaxing).

ITA.

• Members

The beginning is pretty slow, but very very nice, is black-and- white and all but sounds like an old noir movie, very complex in the beginning until it builds towards supernatural with the Widows Ghosts and Laura and finally Barnabas, you can skip to him right away but you will miss some interesting plot points and stories, it all depends on your patience for old time drama

This Dailymotion Channel has most of The Early years, it's good quality from DVD tranfers

https://www.dailymotion.com/cartoongood3/videos