Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The 1897 week when Laura finally goes up in a blaze is something:

Monday - Laura is about to kill Barnabus

Tuesday - Laura's about to be killed

Wednesday - Laura's magical fire powers kill "Angelique"

Thursday - Angelique turns up again

Friday - Laura dies by mystical Phoenix powers

Too bad they didn't do the Angelique/Laura conflict earlier as I enjoyed their banter.

• Members

Sorry if I’m asking a question that has already been answered. Does Decades have the all the episodes? Or does it have the traditional broadcast syndication package that starts with Barnabas coming out of the coffin and doesn’t include the last year or two.

• Members

Evidently, the Decades network has bought only the two-year cycle running from April or May of 1967 to two years later in 1969.     I am sure that no network would choose to air those episodes only if they had the entire run of the show.    

I know that I stopped watching the Decades reruns after the two-year run of the show had been run.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Members

I've finally passed episode 800 and first of all:

- They're really messing up this whole time travel theory thing - Barnabas wants the Collins family history book that Victoria brought with her to 1796, but since Eve went back in time in 1968 to retrieve it, it shouldn't be there, right? Only in Dark Shadows logic, since Eve went back for the book in 1968 that hasn't happened yet, but theoretically it surely has since she went back to 1796 to get it? This hurts my nerd brain very very much. The worst part is that we already knew that the Collinses had put down that Quentin travelled abroad so it was a pretty pointless exercise.

- Slaughtered unicorns has to be the most random thing ever. Love all the Kitchener references - I guess they couldn't say out loud that Petofi is gay af, so they just rounded the problem by referencing to an infamously gay officer.

Edited by te.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I should try to watch but a part of me has always been hesitant, especially after reading the 2012 book describe the big Angelique and Victoria scene as something from SNL. 

In my heart DS is always going to be the original show, even as I do want the series to still live on too.

• Members

Sorry - it's this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Dark-Shadows-Kathryn-Leigh-Scott/dp/0938817663

The book says a lot that hardcore fans would already know, but does have an interesting look at the plans for the aborted WB series and just how it went wrong.  The other material worth reading is KLS and Lara Parker writing about their experiences with the Burton movie, and Parker obliquely calling Helena Botham Carter two-faced...