Dark Shadows

• Replies 702
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Thanks to @victoria foxton for posting it elsewhere.

I loathed Scott on Guiding Light - let's just say it's a good thing I did not have Internet access in 1993 and 1994 as I was furious about the Billy recast [I did not know just why they recast] - but he was a key player in one of DS's most complex, and in the end, riveting storylines. His arrival offered viewers a turning point for Angelique and how they were allowed to see her - for the first time, we were given the chance to see Angelique truly getting what she had always wanted (love, happiness, a real home) and we saw that she was willing to relinquish her powers in order to keep that life. Sky's grievous betrayal of her helped viewers to see the emotions she had felt with men like Barnabas, only now they could be fully on her side. And it was the absolute perfect conclusion to the Leviathan story that cold, methodical figures such as them were decimated by a figure who never let herself live by reason or caution and was instead, when crossed, the purest, deadliest form of hatred. The story also opened the door to much more complex writing for female characters, which would continue to the end of the show. And without Scott, and his chemistry with Lara Parker, that all would have been more difficult to put across. 

Edited by DRW50

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

The Adam material was one of my least favorite elements of Dark Shadows (and I still hate that the ending Carolyn got in the tie-up TV Guide article was reuniting with Adam - I won't even go into my feelings on THAT relationship), so I can't agree with the article, but Rodan was a strong presence and I'm sorry to hear he has passed away. 

Lots of DS actors passing this year. 

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Rodan was always a fine actor and a great interview. (And the Adam storyline was always my angle for bringing back the show as a straight continuation when I was much younger - the idea that 'the experiment' could transplant Barnabas' or others' consciousness into a different, young body without anyone knowing.) RIP.

• Members

Agree...Eve brought spark to the story...and even provided an interesting conflict to the Jeff/Vicki story with resolving who he was.  Sadly with moltke's departure cut short the Eve being killed angle.

He and Carolyn made an interesting match..and provided her character with a touch more depth (looking beyond surface to what's inside).

• 1 month later...