DAYS: Week of September 29, 2008

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Whoa! They actually showed a real flashback from years ago and not just days or weeks or even months ago.

Colin Murphy, yikes! Such a bad character. I hated him so bad.

And it looks like Tomlin's production effects are taking shape. Did you notice we got a black and white flashback today. It's not as bad as the horribly colored flashbacks that Stephen Wyman produced, but I did like the way flashbacks looked while Scott was producing.

• Members

Its so refreshing having Abe and Lexie on the frontburner....I'm really looking forward to Abe running for Mayor, he really would be the perfect guy for the job...Also RJ looked gorgeous on tuesday's show, loved the dress she had on...and i found myself really liking Chelsea in her scenes with Hope and then Theo and Lexie..She really is so much more entertaining away from Daniel, i think he sucks the life out of her...

Also Sami, EJ, and Lucas were really good..i liked all 3 of them yesterday..And thank god Lucas got a haircut...

• Members

I looked in on this today for the first time in what felt like years and while the writing still sucks, what occurs to me, as it has before, is you had a scene with Bo, Roman, NuMickey, Kayla, and Caroline -- all characters deeply, tightly knit together with decades of history on this show. And it occurred to me again that one of DAYS's biggest strengths and at times weaknesses is its sprawling, immense host of longtime characters knit by one or two large families. Whenever you turn on your TV, 1988, 1993, 2008, those families are still right there, without question.

It seems like they really mangled the potentially great story of Max's family, and I still don't understand why the character of Nicole works at all, and EJ/Sami/Lucas is now totally unwatchable, and I still can't stand John and Marlena, but if Corday was able to get out of his own way and hire real writers and then LET THEM WRITE, there is no reason a show with this focused a concentration of beloved characters and families could not survive at least another five years.

• Members

Colin was created by Langan and started off bad and unfocused with a lack of character direction. It wasn't until Brash and Cwickly came on that the character gained some interesting qualities and focus, and even then, I couldn't stand him.

Archived