Any Capitol Fans Here?

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I have started to watch CAPITOL from the pilot and Clarissa says in episode 28, that she has 4 children ( Tyler, Thomas, Wally and Gillian)...Some episodes later, I know that another McCandless son, Matt, will appear in the soap. I guess that the writers decided to add a new McCandless son to the story for creating new plots....It is very funny to see how a writer can change the story......

Edited by Goldensoaps

• Members

@Golden - The original Capitol bible (written in 1980) referenced six McCandless children -- Tyler, Thomas, Wally, Lee (who became Matt), Karen, and Gillian. Karen and Gillian were twins and the daughters of Baxter's late brother. I remember Karen being mentioned early in the show's run.

• Members

Yes!!! In the capitol webpage I have just found the C bible.... I am going to read it just now...Something similar happened to "Santa Barbara" with the Andrade family in 1984. At the beginning, there were 4 Andrade children: Olivia, Gabriella, Santana and Danny. In the episode 13, Rosa Andrade names her two other daughters...but they were unseen in the series

• Members

I don't know if it was referenced on air, but Lydia Hirsch once mentioned Karen and Gillian were cousins of the McCandless brood in her Q & A section. Someone had asked about one of the missing McCandless kids (maybe Thomas, who was briefly written out during the headwriter roundelay in the first year or two). Hirsch contacted TPTB and they mentioned Karen was a correspondent working overseas if I remember correctly.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...