Any Capitol Fans Here?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

25 years ago (March 20, 1987) CBS aired the final episode of Capitol. The following Monday, CBS premiered Bill Bell's 2nd daytime drama The Bold and the Beautiful at 1:30 pm ET and gave a new time slot to As the World Turns, 2 pm ET. Of note is that CBS would go 22 1/2 years before cancelling a daytime drama, but would end two of them a year apart.

Edited by KateW

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Good grief. Has it already been 25 years? I was there for the end of Capitol and the beginning of B&B, and must say, although it had its ups and downs, generally depending on who was writing it at the time, Capitol had its strengths, and could have run for many more years than it did. For a long time after its premiere, B&B was dreadful. Bill Bell seemed intent on mirroring situations and characters from the early years of Y&R, with pallid results.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

In Italiano, natch, but nevertheless, a nice glimpse of the three Myrnas (including the infamous scene where Carolyn clears the guard's desk in the primetime movie, and Marla's first episode complete with recast announcement):

• Members

SFK if you're going to be here then I had a few Capitol articles I wanted to ask you if you've already read - the main one is a Daytime TV article from 1982 which interviews Carolyn and Constance. They talk a little about when they first met, in the 50's.