Any Capitol Fans Here?

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
  • Members

I did not, unfortunately. There were two bibles and I remember bits and pieces from both. The second bible more closely resembled the show that made it to air, ommiting several characters like biracial Merle and her group of female roommates from the first, and bringing the previously secondary Cleggs to the forefront.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

I feel bad that Dane Witherspoon was cut loose from this show, like he was from SB, with no closure in the storyline. From what I've been able to piece together from various articles I've read from the old SODs and newspaper articles from Google News Archives, he became so disillusioned from show business that he eventually left it altogether and moved to the Denver area to establish himself as an independent businessman. He has two teenage sons from his second ex-wife.

• Members

Eerie that the last post before this one was about Dane Witherspoon...because...

Sad news to pass along - Dane Witherspoon (Tyler McCandless #2, 1985-86), passed away early this morning in Colorado at the age of 56. A Martinez, his Santa Barbara co-star, posted the news on his FB page:

"DANE WITHERSPOON
1957-2014

Dane passed this morning. People who watched Santa Barbara in its earliest days will remember him as Joe Perkins, a character to which he brought a quiet grace and deep, bittersweet sense of soul. He was a singular, standup guy, loved and admired by many. My first thought, upon meeting him in 1984: "This is the most beautiful man I've ever seen." That beauty went all the way to his core."

RIP Dane...thanks for the memories.

Edited by amybrickwallace