KNOTS LANDING

• Members

I guess it depends on how you deal with it really... personally, I'm not really a people person, but there are those that are. Apparently the guy who owns the "real" Casa Walsh is very much someone who'll chat to people if he sees them stop to take pictures. I think he invited the woman who runs IAmNotAStalker.com into the house from memory.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

A really bad rewrite of history. In season 1 Laura talks about how her Mom died when she was 12 and she had to be the one to take care of everyone. In another episode they show a flashback to her at her Mom's casket. When her Dad appears later in the season he thanks her for being there for him when she died and gives her money to bail Richard out of financial trouble. 

• Members

I have been re-watching season 1. In episode 3 " Let Me Count The Ways" Karen contemplates an affair with Diana's young teacher David Crane. This episode screams late 70's with the sets, clothes, etc...David's apartment set is the same one used as Cliff Barnes during this time. I laugh when David and Karen go into the bedroom and there is a suggestive poster of melting ice cream cone. 

It would have been interesting if David could have been brought back at some point. 

David James Carroll who played the role of David later passed away in 1992 from complications of AIDS. I gather he was more of a Broadway star and only acted sporadically on TV.  I think I saw him on another soap at some point. Another World ?

• Members

As mentioned primetime soaps didn't really go back to past stories and characters to propel new plots

Sid's daughter, Abby's  ex Jeff, Judy Trent, Karen's brother and assorted others never came back to stir up trouble or provide story for the regulars.

Seems a missed opportunity in a lot of cases.

Did we ever learn about Val's father?

• Members

The only thing we knew about Val's father was he was older than Lillimae and was friends with her father. She mentions it in her visit in season 1. 

I agree that those plots from early seasons of Knots & Dallas pretty much were forgotten after they played out. Heck, Knots divorced itself from Dallas after the dream fiasco.

• Members

Which was dumb, especially when these shows started shedding cast members left and right (although KNOTS managed to keep a lot of its cast intact for a long time). You'd think bringing back someone with connection to the canvas would be a good way to help transition the show, but it rarely happened.