NFL Thread: 2008 season

Toups

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No.

What is pathetic is getting blown out 44-6 on the last game of the season, and then blaming everyone from the OC to the coach for your team not making the playoffs. Also, what is pathetic is not having won a playoff game in 12 years, you know, like........

The Dallas Cowboys. And a third thing that is pathetic is having a D-Back who has now been kicked off the team for threatening to shoot people at a nightclub, after having been suspended for 6 games for ONCE AGAIN causing trouble for himself and the team by getting into a fistfight with HIS BODYGUARD at a party.

That's pathetic.

• Members

ICAM Roman. I'm a Texan and everybody in my family has rooted for the Cowboys since the Landry days. I haven't liked them since they dumped Morton for Staubach (showing my age here). But ever since Jerry Jones purchased the team things have grown worse. I can't believe he supports the likes of TO over his coaches. That's a recipe for disaster. And that no one from the team came out and disputed what TOMO was saying about Jason Garrett just p!sses me off. Garrett didn't turn the ball over or get penalized or drop any passes. The play calling didn't fail, the execution failed. STFU and go out and do your job and make plays. Then, if you executed properly and the plays still were not effective -- blame the play calling. I wan't TO gone, and I want Jerry to stop micromanaging. Clearly he's not as smart as he thinks he is when it comes to managing their team. Leave that to the professionals.

GO STEELERS!!!!!!

• Members

Dallas 27, Denver 10.

I still remember that SB, and that was the only year I liked that team. Had always respected TL because he was a coach who ran a tight ship. Hollywood Henderson once stood on the sidelines with a towel hanging out of his pants saying that the Cowboys were No.1, even though they were getting blown out by Houston 44-7. Landry benched him the next game.

Now, Jones thinks he's another Al Davis......he takes these punks onto the team, wants weak yes men as coaches and then blames everyone else but himself for how the team does. No character on that team. The same thing that has happened on the Rams lately. No character. TO needs to go, and they need to clean house, and get a coach in there who will tell JJ to go frack himself when he starts throw his weight around.

Excellent post, my friend.

• Members

LOL! If Parcells couldn't do it, nobody can. I swear Bill had no intention of winning when he took over the team. He knew where the problem was and he just thought to himself "I'm going to take the job, collect my paycheck, relax and do whatever JJ says and not make waves, and sock away a tidy little nest egg before I move on to my next challenge."

• Members

I can't stand Parcells. This is the same man who was campaigning for another coaching gig the same week he was supposed to coach the Pats in the SB.

I respect what he has done as a coach, because you have to. But as a person and a man of honor........

No way.

And PS:

Folks better stop sleeping on Arizona.

• Members

I honestly believe he learned that in the AFL.

Kurt had to have a quick release and make quick decisions because of the size of the field and the smaller number of players. He had a release so quick when he played here that we would just be silent on the phone in amazement.

• Administrator

Arizona Cardinals.....in the Superbowl? :blink: That's just weird to hear. LOL

I've always been a Kurt Warner fan since his St. Louis days....but I also like Pittsburgh. I don't think I can root for a team this year, so all I'm hoping for is a good game.

Archived