AMC: Ruth Martin

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They do bring her out from time to time. Honestly I think thats fine enough. She doesnt need her own story and from this point on, I can only see her being used in a supporting capacity. I dont like the idea of killing her off. Thats GH's M.O. to kill off vets they dont feature

• Members

And then they can kill her off.

LOL. I mentioned in another thread that after Mary Fickett gave up on the role a second time that they should have let Ruth pass away.

I do accept Meriwether in the role, but she's not the woman who gave decades to the part or had any kind of story that allowed her to put her true stamp on the role. I'd rather see Joe in a storyline as a grieving husband and finding hope and (possibly) love again, than see the recast Ruth bake a pie once a year.

• Members

Cancer's a horrible idea IMHO--didn't the character already have a cancer scare? Regardless with a character we've seen onscreen for about 5 hours in the past 5 years total to then kill her off with a disease that many people deal with in real life--that would be very anti Agnes Nixon's usual storytelling and a waste.

I'd be ok with her dieing off but do it suddenly adn then give the character a proper funeral--maybe somehow tie her death into a new story. That said while Ruth will always be Mary to me, I'm ok with Lee's portrayal and wouldn't mind seeing her on a *bit* more. It still remains to be seen how Pratt deals with some of these really old vet characters (tho' the rumours of "story" for my beloved Myrtle have me very very mixed)

Archived