Edge of Night (EON) (No spoilers please)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Wow! That is a fantastic gift on this sad anniversary.... How were you so fortunate to obtain it? BTW -- It still p's me off that P&G would not accept ABC's offer to continue. I have a feeling if ABC bought the property, it would have lasted at least five more years (and they would have rallied to get their affliates to start airing it.) Oh, well, water under the bridge. I'm still surprised that it hasn't been rebooted.

• Members

How did I obtain it? I am a very infrequent E-Bay user, but I noticed it about two weeks ago, and made the winning bid. Despite the post office's claim 'that no snow, rain or sleet would keep their curriers off their appointed rounds,' we did not have mail delivery on Monday (due to the Northeast storm), so, I received it on Tuesday, THE 26th anniversary of Edge's cancellation. Of course, I count myself as being so lucky that I was one of only two fans invited to the studio on the final day of taping. It was a bittersweet day for me, as you can imagine, but, one that I will never forget.

It was one of two Christmas gift that I gave to myself. The other was an invitation to the 'US House of Representatives' Memorial Service for President James A. Garfield (from February 1882) and one of the Congressional signers of the invitation was the then-Congressman William McKinley, who, 20 years later, also fell to an assassin's bullet. I had it beautifully framed.

What can I say? I have eclectic tastes.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I didn't realize until reading IMDB that this is the same Emily Prager who was very very briefly a featured player on SNL, along with Laurie Metcalf. Emily is also the only cast member to never actually appear on-air (her one sketch was cut). Wow.

http://snltranscripts.jt.org/80/80m.phtml

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/bios/emily-prager.shtml

Edited by CarlD2