Edge of Night (EON) (No spoilers please)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Wow, Erwin Nicholson would have some stories to tell. I have mentioned before that he was never moved from Edge, even when the ratings fell and then when Slesar was dropped.

Looking at the article reminded me that in the 1958 credits shown on YouTube, there was producer named William Marceau-the same name given to Mandel Kramer's character. Edge did the same with the Phil Capice character,naming him after an exec working on the show.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I've been sick with bronchitis, which has been been affecting my (4th) abdominal) hernia. I absolutely love these magazine clippings...I distinctly remember having the Bruce Martin article...

I do have some good news to share...the book, edited by Sam Ford, in whcih I share my memories of Edge, has finally been published. 'Survial of Soap Operas: Transformations for a New Media Era,' published by the University Press of Mississippi. The publisher sent me a complimentary copy, and the book looks absolutely wonderful.

• Members

Congratulations on the book!

I'm sorry to hear about your health problems. I'm glad to hear that you reading these makes you feel better. I will keep on posting what I can find -- knowing it helps you with what you're going through just gives me more incentive.