ABC:WTF? ABC actually did a network promo with the soaps?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Grr I wasn't asking for yoru critique again I was asking why it's not shown when every othe rmajor show seemed to be :P Putting Donal Sutherland there would be easy it seems. I think the casting is superb--Craig may be the wrong fit though--he's a huge talent but with a new showrunner (and Craig still in the picture) I think the show might improve this year. But I find the cast note perfect.

And you didn't answer my question

• Webmaster

Dirty Sexy Money is in promos not featuring daytime, while daytime, morning/evening news, and latenight are not in spots featuring Dirty Sexy Money. Odd, yes...but it's due to time constraints. So far this daytime version hasn't aired in heavy rotation on ABC.

• Members

I *think* its more shows than just DSM missing that are in the other one.

Personally it should start off with a hit primetime tv show, then go into some other primetimes shows, then into morening news/live/theview/soaps then back into primetime and end with a hit show.

• Members

I just finished checking out the current TV GUIDE featuring ABC as the sole advertiser, and I must say that I am extremely impressed with their fall campaign!

Seeing the "HERE" commercials and ads in TV GUIDE brings back fond memories for me of the good ole days of network television. Remember back in the day when each of the Big Three networks came up with extensive fall campaigns for their schedules, full-blown, splashy affairs that usually used a central theme to tie together the network's programming?

Who can ever forget NBC's "COME HOME TO THE BEST...only on NBC!", which celebrated that network's spectacular comback in the mid-80's? I still fondly remember ABC's "SOMETHING'S HAPPENING" campaign which ran for two years and like the current "HERE" campaign involved every part of ABC's schedule...the commercials featured behind-the-scenes footage of ABC's stars, and I'll never forget the one with GH's Tristian Rogers and Edie Lehman(Katherine Delafield), in which Edie was goofing around on the set looking like she was either high or completely bonkers with an annoyed Rogers staring disdainfully at her antics.

The great website 80sTvThemes.com has a special section with audio and video of the networks' various campaigns going back into the 1970's...the site is a real treat for fans of all-things-TV like me!

Cheers to ABC for putting so much care, planning, thought, and $$$ into this throwback idea! :)

• Webmaster

QUOTE (Donna B @ Aug 27 2008, 09:43 AM)
Wow, I don't know how I missed that. Who do they have in for B&S?

Everyone, lol. Brother's and Sisters is in the promo as used as the basis of this thread. It is towards the end with Sally Field on a swing.

Archived