Y&R: Would you like to see Niki fall off the wagon?

• Members

Given all the stress that Niki is/will be under now that David is dead, and the guilt she will feel for bringing David into everyone's lives, would you like to see her fall off the wagon?

From a story standpoint it makes sense, given the fact that Niki has struggled with this and has been tempted to drink recently. I would love for it to happen, with Paul being the one to help Niki get back on the wagon. Paul and Niki have a very good history that should be explored. Paul's last relationship IMO was really bad. I didn't feel Paul and Maggie had chemistry.

Besides the obvious, it also creates a possible future triangle should The Great Victor decide he wants Niki back.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I do. I think this would be the time that it would make most sense for her to fall off the wagon. She's had the temptation recently and there's no doubt she's been under stress, guilt and a recovering alcoholic would no doubt look to the bottle to drown all the pain and sorrow.

So YES I'd like to see it happen.

• Members

Yes, it would make a lot of sense. She's been craving a drink for a few weeks now, and given that she's struggled with alcoholism before, now would be a good time for a relapse. It would add more fuel to the drama, and would be a great effect from her current storyline. Nikki is feeling like the outsider again, both Victor and Jill want to roast her ass, and she feels responsibility for everything David did. Adding alcoholism to her already downward spiral of a life would be fantastic, and might get Melody that Emmy she's been snubbed of so many times before.

• Members

I can't wait.

Having Nikki get dosed with MORPHINE is brilliant, because she was also addicted to narcotic pain pills. So, BIOLOGICALLY, her addiction cycle has been started.

I love that David did the SAME horrible restart to her addiction that Brad did to him. It shows that they're ALL rotten people....and makes me feel less bad about what Brad did to David.

• Members

I wouldn't like to see Nikki fall off the wagon, but it would be great soap. With the morphine in her system, Victor's wrath, and her guilt over David's actions, I can easily see Nikki starting to drink again. She has hit the perfect storm in terms of an emotional wall. I think MTS would do a great job with the storyline.

• Members

I absolutely agree with Turner and Mark--everything seems to have been perfectly set up for Nikki falling off the wagon and I would give anything for MTS to do drunk scenes again. If this is well done, I am NOT going to be unhappy.

HOWEVER, I am not gonna have a problem if it DOESN'T happen. Since Victor is apparently set to destroy Nikki (I'm just talking about his promise on Friday's episode, ain't spoiling anything :lol:), I think it'd prefer a strong Nikki to deal and spar and fight and slap him. I think I might just want to see Nikki being weak in the beginning, but finding strength in Paul to fight Victor and believe in herself and forgiving herself. That way, you have two equal adversaries (I do not think that Victor would go against Nikki were she drinking), plus you get the Paul/Nikki thing, that has been simmering, going on. If a year or more down the road, during the story climax, things get so ugly that Nikki starts drinking, maybe then yes.

Then again, Victor could be the one who finally pushes Nikki over the edge. Just when he realizes what he's done, Paul comes in and SWOOSH! :lol:

• Members

I have to respectfully disagree with you Sylph. I don't think it's lazy writing. It's working on a history that's already there and giving you good mileage from the story.

Lazy writing isn't always going for the obvious. Lazy writing is what GH does with their Mob rival/family comes to town and wants to deal, Sonny/Jason resist and a war breaks out. It's wash, rinse, repeat each time.

Y&R doing an story with Nikki falling off the wagon could be very interesting if done well, and could open up other stories for characters such as Kay, Jill, Paul and others.

Archived