All: Best Soap Opera Theme Songs

• Members

AMC's 2002 opening. One of the few great things Jean Dadario Burke did, creating a new modern version of the early-mid 90s opening theme.

Note: There were two musical scores for this opening. I loved the first one (shown here first), especially the music around the time Phoebe/Myrtle and Adam are shown. However, after a couple of months the music changed (damn you Burke!) and this version was never used again. This one just has alot more punch to it.

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

The second (weaker IMO) version:

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

For me, the best soap themes have been the ones with lyrics. OLTL's mid to late 80's theme was that shows best ever. GL's Hold On To Love from the early 90's was their best ever. The all-time best soap theme song has to be AW's late 80's to mid 90's theme by Crystal Gale.

• Members

Thanks, Alvin. My favorite song, my favorite story... between you and Dan, I'm just feeling all sorts of nostalgic.

I'd say it's time to bring Peter back, but knowing DK/EW, he'd make Peter and DINAH love interests.

Awww... seriously, stop. You're killin' me...

• Members

I hated that version of the theme. It sounded like a cheap ringtone IMO.

I love the original Y&R Opening. Check out Brenda Dickinson and David Hasslehof!

YouTube Link because embedding disabled by request

And How could I forget the ATWT Opening from 1993-1999

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="349">

And the "Toilet Flushing" I'm sorry, "Globe Opening" from 1999-2002 This is a rare version with Andy and Denise(thank brimike!)

• Members

Yep, you're wrong. They kept using various versions of the background music until they changed the theme in 2002. Actually, the last time I heard it (or at least a few of the familiar chords, it wasn't the entire theme) was Ed's entrance at Rick and Mel's wedding. They also used it during Thanksgiving 2001 during Aunt Meta's traditional toast.

Here's the clip:

">

This 1997 clip is a good illustration of the theme because they used 3 different variations. There was a point, however, when the show stopped using the theme so frequently. Something tells me that it occured once Barbara Miller-Gidaly left the show as Supervising Music Director. She was the director throughout the late 80s/early 90s.

">

• Members

Both amazing openings ;)

">

">

• Members

The OLTL song never made any sense to me and I always thought it was one of the stupidest songs ever.

"Here's what to do when you don't find the rainbow's end this time..."

But he never tells me what to do! It's 20 years later and I still don't know. I know he'll give me tomorrow if I let him be the one I share it with, but don't I do anything?

Archived