ATWT: Week of July 14th

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I feel like I missed a day, which I didn't. Janet sure moved into the farm at record speed. I hope that letter from Damien means that he is going to show up sometime in the next few months. I'd like either him or Neal to pick Lily up ones she learns the truth.

It really stood out to me today that many of the ladies of Oakdale have had botox. None of their foreheads move. :huh:

• Members

The Carly/Jack/Janet scenes RAWKED. Fights like that restore my Carjack soul! Carly stood up for herself, and called Jack on his sh*t. Unlike the way she acts around Holden. And seriously...how damaged is Janet, expecting to sleep in CARLY'S house with her "friend with bennies"?

• Members

Yes, I think so too. I thought it was kind of sad when she told Jack to lighten up about Parker. Hello Janet?? No kid wants to know about their parent's sex lives. I think she wants more from Jack than she's letting on and she's going to be in for a huge disappointment.

I like ATWT's outdoor scenes. It's hard to believe they are cheaper than filming in the studio.

• Members

It's funny to me how Jack can rail Carly left and right for being with a guy she barely knows, when his ass is doing the exact same thing with Janet....He talked to her about like, three times, briefly and then WHAM he and she tussle in the sheets; but rails Carly for going to Paris (granted, Carly don't even that smarky dude from the words 'say it ain't so').....

They have managed to destroy four of my favorite characters with contrived storylines that could have been left on the cutting room floor.

• Members

Janet is the ditzy version of Julia Larabee to me....What is it about that farm house that EVERYONE can move in? WTH...Sure Noah, you're my boyfriend, come and move in. Janet, Big Bad and Mean Brad won't foot your bill to the Lakeview so we can have disgusting friends with bennies sex together? No problem pack your stuff and come and move in with me at the farm house.

No offense but I'd be fumigating that house with all the women that came in and out of there.

• Members

That's the best thing about Jack/Janet...they're totally incompatible aside from the sex. Honestly, sometimes when Janet opens her mouth about what she considers "okay" for teens, Jack looks at her like she's green with three heads. :lol:

LOL...it's the Snyder syndrome...do as I say, not as I do. Oh, how I wish we'd skipped all the Carly/Holden CRAP and just thrown Neal and Janet into the mix.

• Members

That's exactly what I was thinking! Jack has been pissing me off with his hypocrisy. I know it's nothing new, but it still irritates me. Loved how Carly stood up to him. She needs that fire back. I'm still really trying to hold out hope for the two of them but it's getting harder. I wanted Jack to admit how jealous he was. I was very disappointed in his answer. :(

• Members

I watched online last night (my TiVo was wonky again), and actually enjoyed it, even though some of it made NO sense.

Janet, in particular, makes no sense to me, and I'm beginning to think it's Julie Pinson. There's a real disconnect between how the character is acting and how Pinson is playing her. She's doing stuff that is borderline stalkerish. She and Jack had sex and since then she's been all over him like white on rice. Living with him, assuming that they're together, making it very clear to everyone that they're together - and yet she keeps agreeing with him that it's casual without a hint of irony or desperation or ANYTHING underlying that. She just blithely says, "OK!" and then continues the crazy behavior. And Jack seems completely oblivious! As a result, I'm confused. Are we supposed to think this is how normal people act? Are we supposed to think she's nuts? Or is Jack just that stupid, if the manipulative woman involved isn't Carly? It's especially confusing because I actually enjoy Pinson's portrayal, and would like the character if I didn't feel that she was written as a manipulative psycho but played as a good time girl.

The Alison/Aaron/Chris stuff? All kind of interesting. NuChris finally is interesting to me, and the actor seems to be improving.

Now, on to Holden/Carly/Jack/Neal. I love that Neal more or less has Holden's number. I love that Holden is so jealous he can't even see straight, and that he is so compelled to stop Carly from going away with this guy. It's fascinating to me - when is the last time he was this obsessed/jealous about Lily? Did he ever mark his territory so aggressively with Dusty or Kin Shriner's character? I can't recall if he did, but I don't think so. Whatever's going on with Holden, this is more than a sexual itch - and I honestly don't know what the writers are going for here, and I'm curious to see it play out.

I was irritated by Jack and Carly's scene. Jack needs to just STFU, and I'm very, VERY glad that Carly more or less put him in his place. I know it's going to blow up in her face as soon as Jack finds out about Holden, but it was satisfying nonetheless.

Carly is also doing some interesting things here. She's desperately trying to do the right thing (for once), and it's STILL going to blow up in her face. I wonder more and more what the fallout will be.

• Members

Yesterday's episode was awesome. Even the Chris/Alison stuff was pretty decent.

NuChris shirtless equal must see tv...

Carly and Jack's little fight was awesome. Love Janet v Carly as well. I can see those two going at it. I don't find Janet stalkerish. I just think she's a lil clueless.

Luke and Noah were cool today. Loved seeing Lucinda's reaction to the money.

• Members

Yeah....I just think Janet's that clueless, bordering on socially inept. There's no filter between her crotch and her mouth. I don't think she's crazy-stalkerish...I think that she clings to guys because she knows sooner or later they're going to leave.

What I couldn't believe was that Jack didn't just spell it out for her and say "that is Carly's house, and not only do I think it would be disrespectful to sleep with you there....Carly would probably take a baseball bat to you."

• Members

I really like Julie Pinson, I only wish Janet were written as a stronger character. Instead of crying when Bratie told her to leave town, she should have told them to go &^** themselves. She raised Liberty they have no right to "get rid" of Janet. Then she should have found her own place to live and a better job or at least another job. I cringed when she was crying to Jack, although I give JP acting points for conveying her feelings for her Liberty when she thought she would have to leave.

I suppose Janet had to move into the farm because of the issue with sets. There are only so many to go around so most people live at the farm or Lakeview. I wish that Will had given Hal's house to Babs or Paul. It would be a good place for those three to live, I think. As it stand poor Emma may as well run a boarding house.

Archived