ATWT: Week of July 14th

• Members

Ok...the Lily/Jack scenes were great!! The look on Jack's face when talking to Lily and then Holden/Carly was priceless. The Liberty/Parker story sucks big balls. I want to like it because of Parker...but ugh the story stinks...

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

But that's pretty much the critical point here. When Lily and Dusty were together this last time Holden had basically told Lily it was over, so she moved on. He just didn't think she would, so he acted all shocked and self righteous about it. Now he's been lying and cheating for weeks despite lecturing Lily in secrets at every turn. Not to mention going back and forth between Lily and Carly.

Lily's big mistake was not really listening to Holden. In a hundred little ways he was telling her it was over, even though he said he wanted to work things out, it was pretty clear he didn't. She should have moved onto someone else as soon came back to Oakdale. In fact, she should have come back toting some hot new guy on her arm. :)

• Members

Seriously...the ENTIRE town needs to STFU and take it down a notch.

Lily gets a pass. Even though I don't GAS about her, she is the wronged wife. She deserves to vent, even if I think attempted murder is a bit extreme.

Jack and Janet...not only are they having no-strings sex, they're having it under Emma's roof and disobeying "the rules". Janet, moral compass that she is, just threw herself at a married man. Jack...well, we all know he cheats with Carly on a semi-regular basis. I don't GAS how many times Carly did Holden....he still managed to twist it so Carly was "hurting him", yadda yadda. BUY A CLUE, Jack, and admit you still love Carly.

Luke? Is this the same kid who let his mother skate on what/when/how much she knew about the DeGaying Camp?

Holden...OMG. Just yesterday he was begging Carly to forget Neal and telling her he would "give up his marriage" for them. Today, he's expecting Lily to "talk" and

. He can "stand up" for Carly to Jack all he wants....it doesn't make him any kind of hero.

Carly...I'll bear the brunt of being a Carly fanb*tch. Holden used her.

As for the rest of the show....it's amazing how I can completely shut out Brad and Katie now.

On some level I get that, I really do. But Lily wasn't "moving on", she had a revenge boink, and kept flip-flopping on what it meant. One minute, she wanted Dusty...the next she knew it was no-strings, and had hopes of reuniting with Holden. The thing about Dusty was that it wasn't JUST an isolated thing. It seemed like EVERY time Dusty was in trouble, Lily was his best bud, defending Dusty to Holden. I understood why Holden was fed up with it, after they investigated Cheri Love for the umpteenth time Dusty was accused of murder.

What Holden did was disgusting, there's no getting around that. But you're right...the moment he was bitching about being "deceived" into bed, Lily should have called it a day.

• Members

I agree that he was telling her he didn't have feeling for her. If it wasn't Carly it would have been someone else. Carly was going away and Holden followed her to NY. It amazing that as big a NY is eveyone can find the person they are looking for.

Holden hasn't acted like he wanted Lilly way before Dusty died. It too bad Holden used Carly to hurt Lilly. Jack said today that he was hurt by what Carly did. Why would he be hurt when he didn't want Carly back and decided to Bed and Board

Janet. Janet go to great length about her daughter having sex when she is not setting a good example .

I hope Jack don't go in the I am going to take the children away again when he laying up in Emily house having sex with Janet. I think it a shame that Holder persuade Carly when she was trying to do the right thing, and now she will be blamed by everyone.

• Members

I think Jack was more hurt that it was Holden who Carly was having an affair with than anyting else. I still think Jack has feelings for Carly but knows or fears he will get hurt again. That's what he basically said today. She knew it was wrong yet she still did it.

• Members

Well, disaster has struck. My DRV failed me on the most important day of the week. :( I would have liked to see Lily/Carly have it out. Oh well.

Anyway, I certainly agree that lily trying run Carly over is a bit of an extreme reaction!! Is she facing charges? I would like to see Lily in therapy. They need to build her character back up because the last thing I want to see is Lily making any excuses for Holden or chasing after him as she did when he was with JuliaToo. Fu*& that!! I can understand why Lily feels doubly betrayed though. Carly is the person Lily runs to when Holden is screwing her over and here he's screwed her over in a major way and her support system is gone.

• Members

Seriously I'm supposed to LOVE the thought of Carly getting back together with that Jackass!?

Uhhh I'm so pissed off right now.

Great episode. Excellent drama. But I hated Jack today. And it's because he was around Carly.

Loved seeing Luke and Noah...so cute. Janet talking to them in the morning was so hilarious.

• Members

Well, now that I've seen it, I have to say the fall out has been a major let down. I really didn't mind this story. It shook things up and it had potential to give us some really good drama. But that didn't happen. The actors did the best with what they were given, but this should have been an earthshaking reveal on all fronts. First of all, Carly and Lily should have had a real verbal showdown. Then if Lily was going to try to run Carly over, why not let her be seriously hurt when she changed her mind?

I don't know. The whole thing just fell flat on so many fronts. Jack should have been all over Holden. Not because Carly wronged him (because she didn't), but because Holden did. It's really never OK to sleep with your best friend/cousin's ex without letting them know. The relationship between Jack and Holden has been built up for years, but Holden hardly seemed to feel any guilt for what he was doing to Jack and he certainly didn't get the smackdown from Jack he deserved.

I don't have a love affair with the Carly character that so many seem to have, but I have a huge respect for Maura West and for what Carly does for this show. I was fine with Carly sleeping with Holden because some character has to drive story and Carly is always a good choice, but did they REALLY have her screw over her best friend for that pitiful fallout that we got today??? After abandoning her children so recently?? It's just so disappointingly to me that so much more didn't come from this. Now Holden and Carly have really messed with their children's families and look like bad parents and terrible aunts/uncles all for very little payoff. The only really good thing is that Lily/ and Holden are over (please god).

Lily is in an accident and Lucinda isn't at her bedside? In what world? At least Lucinda would have given Holden the beat down he had coming.

Now, you can just see that Parker is going to run right to Liberty and have sex with her and she probably will end up preggers and Carly will get the blame (speculation).

Please, we need a writer who cares about the show and the characters. We don't have that now. Everyday it just becomes more and more obvious, but no one will do anything about it.

• Members

It could have been better...I wanted to see a fight between Lily and Carly too. Also Holden v Jack would have been interesting. Perhaps it will happen in future episodes? I also agree that Lucinda should have been there...

Regarding next week...are they REALLY going to go there with Luke and Noah? That would interesting not to mention hot but I honestly don't know if the regular Daytime audience (older white women) is ready for it.

Still though I'd love to see it if it happened.

Loved the Janet/Liberty scenes today and yesterday. Absolutely brillant the relationship the writers have created between the two. And the dialogue is both realistic and funny to me. That last line, "Tell Parker to keep it in his pants..." was just too hilarious.

I also hope Parker doesn't get Libs pregnant since Brad will basically murder him. Austin Peck scared me today in his scene with Parker. It was comedic at first but quickly went into psychoville towards the end.

• Members

Yeah, I expected Lily to beat the crap out of Carly but that didnt happen. I thought Jack would punch out Holden but that didnt hapen either. I still suspect Lucinda will be featured in the aftermath. But this is not the first story Jean has let us down. I actually liked the scenes with Janet and Nuke. Poor Carly was trashed yet again. I felt sorry for Carly yet I wanted to shake her. :lol:

I know Emma will be involved with it too. Plus, the spoilers I just read today about Meg. I've never had faith in the HW writer. I will say today's script written by Peter Brash was pretty good.

Archived