The Doctors

• Members

Does anyone know what episodes Jim Pritchett's (Matt) real life daughter appeared on the show? I had read she was on the hour long but due to part of it being lost, I don't know if we missed her. 

Thanks in advance to anyone who knows...

So agree about the loss of the NYC industry with the lack of soaps in the city, and also how it enriched the theatre.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I decided to go back to 1967 this morning and watch it all in order, with whatever sense of regularity that I can come up with, and I'm excited. It's good to see Dr. Rice and Liz again, nice to see Bethel Leslie as Maggie again, and more than anything, Nick is so much more bearable than he was in the episodes I'd watch here and there from 1973-1974.

• Members

Just saw the wedding episodes of Toni/Alan, and good God Greta was one tormented child. The scenes with her trying to conjure up Mike's "spirit" was odd too. My God, she was a child that went through a lot. From what little I've seen of the character in the 80s, no wonder why she drove story and was so interesting in the last years of the show. She had one colorful history. 

• Members

Definitely. The show was blessed with two very talented juvenile actresses in Eileen Kearney and Jennifer Houlton to bring out Greta's complexities.

Trivia: Eileen and her brothers, Mark (who originated the role of Billy) and Michael (who played a couple of minor roles on the show) Kearney were first cousins of the late John Spencer of LA Law and The West Wing fame. Their mothers were sisters.

• Members

I will say I'm going to miss the Pollack's when they depart The Doctors.  While their take on characters wasn't as deep as Lakin's, they more then made up for it with plot and playing the fall out of certain stories (except killing Margo off too soon).  I am surprised that the whole bunny event and being sick from being bitten by the bunny hasn't been mentioned... but it is nice to see that Greta acting loopy wasn't just forgotten after 1970/1971.. but was bought back up in 1975.