Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

• Members

Yeah - maybe it's one of those grass is greener things. It's just fascinating to me. I get the feeling from what I've read on Youtube comments that the UK has cut down on much of this, but they still at least have the idents and things. I guess some networks here still have those but they're so generic. The BBC in particular has some great idents. And all the lingo that you have to work out, like stings and all the rest.

BE, I thought you may like this, as a Donna fan. It's Verity Rushworth's first episode. I also have her second, but I'm probably taking that one down and reuploading it to put the advertisements in other videos.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Can't blame her...although she and Ross just don't have the chemistry to make this forbidden passion work.

The best part of the episode for me was the kind way Andy treated Bernice. It was nice to see Samantha Giles get something a little more serious, and while I'm not sure if she and Andy would work as a proper couple (I don't really think they were the last time around?), I think they work well together. I like how he is simultaneously bemused and a little horrified by her.

Finn also had some great lines. "Hi...angry Dingle men."

Chris Bisson (Jai) and his partner are having a baby. I guess the new in thing to do is have your other kids take cute photos or videos.

• Members

Haven't seen it myself, but people are saying Charlie Hardwick (Val) was on Loose Women today and announced her departure.

Lots of actors leaving...

I wonder if they'll kill Val off or have her split with Eric and move to be with Paul.

I wonder what they'll do with Eric. David will be back, but otherwise his entire family is gone. I don't think he could believably go back to being weasely scheming Eric. Maybe they'll do a Doug/Diane/Eric triangle?

• Members

NO! I do not accept this blasphemy. Emoticons are failing me. Who is going to wrangle/mentor/aggrandize the younger people in the village now? The show is losing a great unique take on the soap matriarch and I will miss her so much.

With Kyle coming back into the village, I was looking forward to what may have come between Eric/Val, Cain and Kerry. Betty, Alicia and now Val. This show is killing me, but I still love it to bits.

• Members

I think she and Pete had decent chemistry for a low-key couple living their lives. I guess the show wanted more, as Debbie is a leading heroine, but you can be a leading heroine and still have an everyday type of relationship. I've heard some fans say she should be with Andy and the chemistry is amazing, but beyond the fact that I never saw any chemistry between them, their relationship creeps me the hell out.

The only real chemistry I have seen with Charley Webb is with other women - I wish someone would win a dozen lotteries and bring Jenna Coleman back.

I hope the show will still have a few moments with Val and Kyle before she goes. I have a feeling she may go on the run (if she doesn't go to prison), as their website mentioned the fraud she committed with Bob.

So many people have left this year and that isn't counting the people who are likely going to be killed off in the explosion.

It's sadly ironic that the show that didn't need a cull is getting one.

(of course, other than Sammy Winward, no one who really was taking up space has gone...if anything most of the drabber characters, like Jai, seem to be staying around. Well, at least Rachel will be gone soon, so that's better than nothing).

• Members

Why does her relationship with Andy creep you out? And Andy is the father of one of her kids right? Andy as a character pisses me off. He's so sexy but he's so weak and useless. i'd hate to be in Bernices shoes with a stud like that who has a lot to live for and yet is just borderline neanderthal and just follows everything stupid Robert says.

• Members

He doesn't interact with Robert enough to follow what he says.

Their relationship creeps me out because it began when she was about 15 years old. She was in love with him and pursued him. He knew it was wrong, but he gave into his lust and loneliness, only to later reject her after they'd already had sex numerous times.

Years later, they had sex again, for a baby that would be a match for a dying Sarah. Even though it was for no other reason, he fell in love with her.

Andy tends to either be submissive or abusive and controlling. There's not a lot of in-between.

• Members

I wanted the show to try Andy and Debbie for awhile, but then the awful story with Sarah's illness came along and it was apparent that would be a terrible idea. The actors truly don't have any romantic chemistry together. I've mentioned numerous times that they should try Debbie with another woman. I actually think Carly would be a great option.

• Members

Is Charity Debbie's mother??? And is Andy the father of both Debbie's kids? I know she has that little boy and girl. I remember her going in on Andy a while back when he was in the doldrums

Man my second husband Kirin is really struggling. Get it together boo....

Love how Ross goes from sad little boy to fierce angry in a split second. He's so nasty tho to want Debbie and sleep with Carly immediately.

• Members

What was Andys age at the time. That does sound weird/sad but I mean if they were both 15/17 sometimes kids do idiotic things at young ages.

LOL I love how righteous indignant Zack and his wife acted towards Pete. Something about those two makes me care about them and Belle. Even though Cain is garbage and I'm not a huge fan of Moira.

Kudos to Debs tho for the "Saint Flippin Moira" line...absolutely dead

Edited by ThePrinceOfSunspear