Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

What a great episode today.

They're really going all out to show Scarlett is a dumbass. I wish they would get rid of her, as I find her completely unnecessary. She doesn't add much to Jimmy and Carl and the actress is terrible.

Loved the Chas/Charity/Moira scene and then Betty telling Moira that Alan's daughter is a psychopath :lol:

Seems Liz might be falling for Bob. If that is the case, I only want this to happen if Bob feels the same way.

The cherry on top of the episode were the Viv/Hazel scenes. Seeing Viv happy made me smile.

• Members

You're lucky, Carl. I didn't watch as often as I wanted to at all, but whenever I did, I'd watch two or three in a row because I just loved the look and feel of the show.

I guess I better get on the ball with Prisoner because who knows what's gonna disappear next. Some old Corrie episodes have vanished as well :(

• Members

That sucks. I really don't know who those episodes are harming, and it's not like they're available to people in the US anyway, in terms of being able to rent or buy them.

I got up to around the time that Janey and Frank were getting married and Mr. Verney knew about his wife sleeping with Jack. I guess that's not too many episodes but I would have enjoyed seeing the last few. That era of the show is so fascinating and so well acted and written and has such a strong atmosphere.

• Members

Since you saw them do you think you could write a quick summary of what happened in the last 5-6 episodes? I think the last one I saw was not long after Jack got back from another trip to London and went to the statement on Trash's death.

• Members

I watched them a bit ago. But mostly, Jack signs Emmerdale Farm over to his family with Joe/Annie/Peggy/Wilks all getting a share. He chooses to just be a silent partner. Peggy has her baby. Alison and Wilks get engaged. And, the Sugdens find out Sharon was murdered and have a funeral for her.

Oh, and Trash's daughter (Penny) comes to town. She finds out of her dad's death in her second episode, I think. Joe takes a liking to her. The family fears history (Marian) will repeat itself as Jack flirts with her. Penny is a love all, hate nothing almost hippy like character. So Joe thinks he's lost out again, but she makes it clear to him that she likes him too. Then Jim Latimer returns to town. As Penny is now helping Jack fix up his place (the one where he let Trash live with him) Jim frequents it to help her.

Details are kind of sketchy for me now. I know Jim ends up trying to attack Peggy at one point but I forget if something more happens to her.

And the Verneys leave town together.

Hopefully someone will put a torrent up of the DVD's soon. I'll cross my fingers for you both.

Edited by Amello