Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Damn. Sayonara Wylde family, you will be missed. However, this will just cause more radical speculation on how exactly they all will depart. The worst part is, I really wanted a damn custody battle. We haven't a good one of those on a soap in forever. Le sigh.

I hope this doesn't mean the end for Ryan and Faye. (Crosses fingers, very very tightly!)

Just the opposite. All the actors have left on their own accord, unless you believe differently?

• Members

I hope that this was his choice, because Emmerdale would have been foolish to get rid of him. He was a great love-to-hate villain, yet he was also charismatic and handsome and just plain entertaining.

I guess Faye and Ryan will be leaving soon. They could take Will in but I'm not sure what stories they would have. It depends on whether they think James Sutton is enough of a draw on his own.

I'm going to miss the Wyldes :(

• Members

I wouldn't be surprised if Lyndon was encouraged to leave. Without Nathan's family around, the writers probably couldn't figure out what to do with him. Unlike Nathan, Faith and Ryan have connections with the people in the village so they may be safe.

• Members

Ryan has the garage but Faye, other than her relationship with Jai, has little. I wonder if they will survive.

I think they could have done a lot with Nathan, made him a real brat with an edge to lord over the village, like Chris Tate. They haven't had a lot of other interesting new characters (the Bartons are OK but they cast poor actresses as the daughters, and the Sharmas seem to have little storyline...Eve also seems to be a poorly defined character).

• Members

I don't think Kim or Zoe (who probably should return) will ever be back.

I think either bring Declan's family in, or bring people in who will stay long term, or just burn it to the ground. The Kings never fit in there and the Wyldes never had a chance to breathe or have any type of fun the way the Tates sometimes did.

• Members

I haven't watch Emmerdale for very long so I have no idea who Chris Tate is. However, there is no way that could see Nathan lording anything over the village without his mother to back him up. Nathan is a stupid cruel rich boy. It is impossible to believe that anyone in the village would be afraid of him. If Nathan had not set up Ryan, it might have been possible to believe that they could build a sibling relationship that would give Nathan ties to the village, but as things are now, I can understand why the writers would struggle to write for him.

Edited by Ann_SS

• Members

I disagree. That scene where he bragged to Cain that yes, he had set Ryan up and that he was quite proud of himself for doing so was just the ounce of sadistic psychosis this show needs. The writers could turn it where, after Maisie and Natasha are gone, Nathan is against the village. Everyone takes their pot shots and basically blacklist him. It could come to the point where he swears his revenge, swearing that he will be revered and respected. He could get an ally in Eve once she truly shows her tremendous bitchy claws once and for all. Eve is just asking to get rich so that her inner Kim Tate/Sadie King can finally be unleashed. They would be a wonderfully sexy evil couple. And on and on ...

Edited by Amello

• Members

I just wonder which new characters will end up staying around. Aside from those I mentioned, I thought Jackson had potential, but after the show made it clear they had little interest in him beyond plot device, then obviously he isn't staying around.

The show has brought in some interesting new people but most of them seem grafted on and I wonder how they will fare in the long term.

• Members

That's too bad, he's a talented young actor (and doesn't have the "cutes" that a lot of child actors have), and he could have been interesting in a story with Ryan, if he had to go live with Ryan and Faye.

I have no idea what they are going to do with Ryan and Faye now.

Regarding a big future story, someone posted this at Digital Spy before it was removed:

You can find more here: